Looking for the BEST place value games for your 2nd or 3rd graders? Don’t sleep on these 3 digit number activities and math centers! Students will practice hundreds, tens and ones in 5 different ways including written form, expanded form, base ten blocks and comparing 3 digit numbers.
Standards Covered in the Place Value Games:
What’s Inside the 2nd Grade Place Value Games:
- Comparing 3 Digit Numbers Game – Who Has More – This is a partner game. Make one stack of all the spaceships and one of all the astronauts to begin. Flip one card over at a time, whoever’s card has the most value wins and puts the extra cards in the bottom of their pile. The game keeps going until someone runs out of cards
- Hundreds Tens and Ones Base Ten Block Match Up -Alien vs. Astronaut – Help the alien find their astronaut friend! Be sure to record your answer, the picture and try writing the expanded form as well.
- Expanded Form Math Center – Find the Spaceship – Help the aliens find their spaceships! Match the correct alien with his spaceship then record your answer, then confirm with a picture!
- Written Form of 3 Digit Numbers Math Center – Land the Spaceship – Help the spaceship land on the right planet! Match the spaceship to the correct written form, then record your answers and draw a picture to go with!
- Building Hundreds Tens and Ones with Base Ten Blocks – Picture Place Value – Use place value blocks to build each number, then record the answer with a picture on the recording sheet!
These 2nd Grade Place Value Games for Hundreds, Tens and Ones Are PERFECT For:
- Small Groups
- Independent Work
- Earlier Finishers
- Unit Review
- Test Prep
- Spiral Reviewing
& so much more!
Teaching about 2nd grade place value? Check out my product for a unit plan and more resources here: 2nd Grade Place Value Unit
If you like what you see, check out my second grade math center bundle as well: Second Grade Common Core Math Centers BUNDLE
There are no reviews yet.