Want the BEST summer writing prompts that double as adorable May bulletin board ideas? Learn about Father’s Day, sandcastles, summer flowers and take a trip to space with these fun summer writing templates. Students will use their imaginations to come up with fun opinion, narrative, informative and how to writing projects.
Summer Writing Prompts and May Bulletin Boards Included:
- How to Build a Sandcastle [how to writing prompt]
- Taco Bout My Dad/Someone Special [informative writing prompt- editable to be about ANYONE, not just dad]
- My Trip to Space [narrative writing prompt]
- The Best Part of Summer [opinion writing prompt]
Summer Writing Prompts and May Bulletin Board Timeline:
Each lesson can be taught in one day or stretched out throughout five days. Each lesson includes two versions, perfect for all K-5 students. This means you can stretch this pack into 4 weeks or 4 days of May writing fun learning about Father’s Day, outer space, sandcastles and summer.
What’s Inside Each Summer Writing Prompt and May Bulletin Board Pack:
- Teaching Tips (specific to each genre)
- Photo Examples
- Differentiated Student Planning Graphic Organizers
- Differentiated Student Drafting Graphic Organizers
- Differentiated Student Publishing Graphic Organizers (includes primary lines, dotted lines, and blank pages for sentence or paragraph writing)
- Summer Writing Prompt Craft Pages to transform May Bulletin Boards
- 2 Differentiated Rubrics per Genre
Please open the preview file for a more in depth look.
Looking for creative writing topics for other months?
- August Writing Bundle
- January Writing Bundle
- February Writing Bundle
- March Writing Bundle
- April Writing Bundle
- May Writing Bundle
OR ONE YEAR of Writing Activities and Bulletin Boards
- More months are coming in 2022
Follow me on TpT and Instagram to get first access to my resources. Be sure to leave a review to get credits toward FREE future resources.
There are no reviews yet.