Do you want a Mother’s Day Craft that doubles as a Mother’s Day Card? The One in a Melon Mother’s Day Craft is a GREAT opinion writing prompt, craft and gift to moms (or other special people). Use this One in a Melon writing activity AS a heartfelt Mother’s Day Card that is sure to bring a tear to their eyes.
What’s Inside the One in a Melon Mother’s Day Craft and Writing Prompt:
- Teaching Guide and Photo Examples
- Student Planning Page
- 3 Differentiated Student Drafting Pages
- 3 Differentiated Student Publishing Pages
- 6 Mother’s Day Crafts and Mother’s Day Card Writing Templates (primary & intermediate – includes the word “Mom” and also generic or blank templates for students who may want to honor someone else)
- 2 Differentiated Rubrics
Please open the preview file to take a closer look.
This resource includes many templates for students’ diverse families or friends. The template includes a resource including the word mom, a fill in the blank where students can select a person to write about, or one that simply says “One in a Melon”. This makes this resource more accessible to be about ANYONE: family, friends, teachers, coaches, or whomever.
Mother’s Day Card Writing Project and Melon Craft: Timeline
Teach students to write engaging opinions including convincing reasons and compelling details with these fun lessons. This lesson can be taught in one day or stretched out throughout five days. This lesson includes two versions, perfect for all K-5 students. This resource can double as an adorable April Bulletin Board.
Looking for other creative writing topics for the month of April?
- APRIL Writing Bundle [all four below]
- How to Grow a Flower [how to]
- About Earth Day [informative]
- My Day as a Bug [narrative]
- Mom is One in a Melon [opinion – editable to be about ANYONE, not just mom]
OR ONE YEAR of Writing Activities and Bulletin Boards
Follow me on TpT and Instagram to get first access to my resources. Be sure to leave a review to get credits toward FREE future resources.
There are no reviews yet.