Need the perfect, ready-to-go comparing 3 digit numbers math activities? Grab these comparing numbers worksheets and activities using hundreds, tens and ones for 2nd or 3rd grade students, including: greater than, less than or equal to lesson plan, warm up, turn & talk, instructional video, anchor charts, learning target, and practice worksheet.
This includes ONE place value activity that is a part of a bigger 2nd Grade Place Value to 1000 Unit Bundle!
Comparing 3 Digit Numbers Activities: Skills Covered:
- Students will look at 3 digit numbers and use the greater than, less than or equal to sign (>,<,=) to compare the numbers
- Printable (color & black and white)
- Google Slides
- TpT Easel
What’s Inside the Comparing Numbers Worksheets and Activities:
- Lesson Plan
- Learning Target
- Anchor Chart
- Instructional Video (covers the anchor charts, warm up and turn and talk)
- Warm Up Activity
- Turn & Talk Activity
- Double Sided Worksheet
- Answer Key
- Link to Google Slides
How Long Will the Comparing 3 Digit Numbers Activities Take?
These comparing 3 digit numbers with hundreds, tens and ones activities are designed to fill one lesson period. They will take anywhere from 25-90 minutes.
What standards are covered in the Comparing Numbers Worksheets & Activities?
- 2.NBT.A.4: Compare two three-digit numbers based on meanings of the hundreds, tens, and ones digits, using >, =, and < symbols to record the results of comparisons.
Please note, these were designed for 2nd or 3rd grade students, but can be used with more advanced 1st grade students.
When to Use the Place Value to 1000 Activities:
- Math Block – Whole Group or Small Group
- Homeschool Environment
- Guest Teachers
- Substitute Teachers
- Student Teachers
- Special Education Environments
Need more 2nd grade place value to 1000 lessons?
This lesson is part of a bigger unit – 2nd Grade Place Value to 1000 – which includes 30 days worth of lessons, assessments and more.
Get your plan time back and grab an entire year of math lessons!