Need the perfect, ready-to-go measurement and line plot activities? Grab these measurement and line plot activities for your 1st or 2nd grade students, including: measuring in inches and recording answers on a line plot lesson plan, warm up, turn & talk, instructional video, anchor charts, learning target, and practice worksheet.
This includes ONE measurement activity that is a part of a bigger Measurement Center Bundle!
Measurement and Line Plot Skills Covered:
- Students will practice using a ruler to measure multiple objects in inches
- Students will then plot their measurements on a line plot
- Printable (color & black and white)
- Google Slides
- TpT Easel
What’s Inside the Measurement and Line Plot Activities
- Lesson Plan
- Learning Target
- Anchor Chart
- Instructional Video (covers the anchor charts, warm up and turn and talk)
- Warm Up Activity
- Turn & Talk Activity
- 2 Double Sided Worksheets
- Answer Key
- Link to Google Slides
How Long Will the Measurement and Line Plot Activities Take?
These estimating and measuring in centimeters activities are designed to fill one lesson period. They will take anywhere from 25-90 minutes.
What standards are covered in the Measurement and Line Plot Activities?
- 2.MD.A.2: Measure the length of an object twice, using length units of different lengths for the two measurements; describe how the two measurements relate to the size of the unit chosen.
- 2.MD.A.5: Generate measurement data by measuring lengths of several objects to the nearest whole unit, or by making repeated measurements of the same object. Show the measurements by making a line plot, where the horizontal scale is marked off in whole-number units.
- 2.MD.A.1: Order three objects by length; compare the lengths of two objects indirectly by using a third object.
- 2.MD.A.2: Express the length of an object as a whole number of length units, by laying multiple copies of a shorter object (the length unit) end to end; understand that the length measurement of an object is the number of same-size length units that span it with no gaps or overlaps.
When to Use Measurement and Line Plot Activities:
- Math Block – Whole Group or Small Group
- Homeschool Environment
- Guest Teachers
- Substitute Teachers
- Student Teachers
- Special Education Environments
Need more measurement lessons?
This lesson is part of a bigger unit – 2nd Grade Measurement Unit – which includes 15 days worth of lessons, assessments and more.
Get your plan time back and grab an entire year of math lessons!