Need the perfect, ready-to-go types of measurement tools activities? Grab these types of measurement tools activities for your 1st or 2nd grade students, including: a types of measurement tools lesson plan, warm up, turn & talk, instructional video, anchor charts, learning target, and practice worksheet.
This includes ONE measurement activity that is a part of a bigger Measurement Center Bundle!
Measurement Tools Covered:
- Tape Measurer
- Measuring Tape
- Printable (color & black and white)
- Google Slides
- TpT Easel
What’s Inside the Types of Measurement Tools Activities
- Lesson Plan
- Learning Target
- Anchor Chart
- Instructional Video (covers the anchor charts, warm up and turn and talk)
- Warm Up Activity
- Turn & Talk Activity
- 2 Double Sided Worksheets
- Answer Key
- Link to Google Slides
How Long Will the Types of Measurement Tools Activities Take?
These types of measurement tools activities are designed to fill one lesson period. They will take anywhere from 25-90 minutes.
What standards are covered in the Types of Measurement Tools Activities?
- 1.MD.A.2 Express the length of an object as a whole number of length units, by laying multiple copies of a shorter object (the length unit) end to end; understand that the length measurement of an object is the number of same-size length units that span it with no gaps or overlaps. Limit to contexts where the object being measured is spanned by a whole number of length units with no gaps or overlaps.
- 2.MD.A.1: Measure the length of an object by selecting and using appropriate tools such as rulers, yardsticks, meter sticks, and measuring tapes.
When to Use the Types of Measurement Tools Activities:
- Math Block – Whole Group or Small Group
- Homeschool Environment
- Guest Teachers
- Substitute Teachers
- Student Teachers
- Special Education Environments
Need more measurement lessons?
Get your plan time back and grab an entire year of math lessons!