Take your animal research project to the next level with this informative writing prompt and animal habitat project. Students will research animals to write a habitat report. Students will record their findings about animals on various note catchers and graphic organizers.
What is This Animal Research Project?
Students will research information about different animals that all live in the same habitats and record findings. Students will then edit their notes and compile them into a book on a certain animal habitat that they researched. Students can pick between many different habitats, and can do their research online on for free at National Geographic Kids or can use books that you check out from the library.
Animal Research Project Teaching Length:
This writing project can be spanned across an entire month, or is easily modified to be a one week activity. The animal research project includes planning, drafting, editing, publishing and rubric pages that are all aligned with the common core.
Teachers can decide how many animals and animal habitats students will report on, and can modify student publishing pages accordingly.
What’s Included in the Animal Research Project:
- Photo Examples
- Teaching Guide
- Animal List
- Animal Note Catcher
- Differentiated Graphic Organizers for Drafting
- Editing Checklist
- Publishing Pages for Book (title page, table of contents, writing pages, maps, diagrams)
- 2 Differentiated Rubrics
Please open the preview file to see everything that is included in this pack before purchasing.
Interested in other informative writing projects? Check these out below!
- Animal Habitat Research Report
- Pumpkins Informative Writing Project
- Bats Informative Writing Project
- Penguin Research and Informative Writing Project
- Groundhogs Research and Informative Writing Project
- Chicks Research and Informative Writing Project
- Earth Day Research and Informative Writing Project
- Taco Bout My Dad Informative Writing Project
- All About Me Informative Writing Project
- Apples Research and Informative Writing Project
- Turkey in Disguise Informative Writing Project
- Spiders Research and Informative Writing Project
- Reindeer Research and Informative Writing Project
Or check out my year long writing bundle to review all genres here: 40 Year Long Writing Projects.
You can also connect with me for first access to my resources, giveaways and FREEBIES via: Email | Website | Instagram | Facebook | Teachers Pay Teachers
Enjoy! Don’t forget to leave feedback on all paid purchases for future credit toward free resources.
Please ask any questions before purchasing this resource. Don’t forget to leave feedback below for credits toward future purchases. To see what is happening in my classroom and my new resources in action, follow me on Instagram @the.mountain.teacher .
There are no reviews yet.