Looking for a fun Valentine’s Day activity? Get students writing (or skip the informative writing) with this Love Monster craft and writing prompt. This Love Monster craft makes the PERFECT Valentine bulletin board for the hallway.
Mentor Text Suggestion: Pair this Love Monster Craft and Writing Prompt with the book Love Monster by Rachel Bright. Recommended but not necessary for the project.
Timeline: This Love Monster craft and writing prompt can be taught in one day or stretched out throughout five days. Students generate ideas for their fictitious love monster, then will turn those ideas into a full writing project and fun craft.
There are three versions of this Love Monster craft:
- Primary Lined (with a sentence stem “My love monster is…”)
- Intermediate Version (with planning, drafting, editing and publishing pages)
- Stand Alone Craft (no writing included)
What’s Included in the Love Monster Craft and Writing Prompt Resource:
- Teaching Guide
- 2 Pages of Photo Examples
- 2 Different Versions of Brainstorming/Planning Pages
- 3 Different Versions of Drafts (differentiated)
- Editing Checklist
- 3 Love Monster Craft Pages
- 2 Rubrics
Looking for other Valentine’s Day Resources?
- Editable Valentine’s Day Class List
- Love Monster Writing Project
- Valentine’s Day Student Gift Tag
- Valentine’s Day Peacock Craft and Favorite Book Activity
- The Best Candy Opinion Writing
- The Sweetest Person Opinion Writing
- February Daily Writing Journal
- February Math Worksheets
Enjoy! Don’t forget to leave feedback on all paid purchases for future credit toward free resources.