Take your desk pets to the next level with this animal research and informative writing prompt. Students will research animal facts to write a brochure about their desk pet. Students will record their findings on various note catchers and graphic organizers.
What is This Project? Students will research (or make up) information their desk pets. Students will then edit their notes and compile them into a brochure on the animal.
Teaching Length: This writing project can be spanned across an entire week, or is easily modified to be a one day activity. The project includes planning, drafting, editing, publishing and rubric pages that are all aligned with the common core.
Teachers can decide how students will research animals, and can modify student publishing pages accordingly.
- Photo Examples
- Teaching Guide
- Animal Note Catcher
- Differentiated Graphic Organizers for Drafting
- Editing Checklist
- Publishing Pages for Brochure
Please open the preview file to see everything that is included in this pack before purchasing.
Looking for other creative resources for Desk Pets?
- Desk Pet Writing & Management Bundle
- Research Project for Desk Pet [informative]
- Adventures with my Desk Pet [narrative]
- Why I NEED A Desk Pet Letter [opinion]
- How to Take Care of a Desk Pet [how to]
- Desk Pet Classroom Management Pack
- Desk Pet Writing Bundle