Combine the LOVE of desk pets with a persuasive letter writing activity for students. Students will use templates to write a friendly letter to their teacher about why they need/deserve a desk pet.
Get creativity flowing and pencils moving with this fun opinion prompt persuading their teacher about why they need, want and deserve a desk pet. Students will use their imaginations to come up with a fun, common core aligned, writing piece.
Teach students to write engaging opinions including convincing reasons and compelling details with these fun lessons. This lesson can be taught in one day or stretched out throughout five days. This lesson includes two versions, perfect for all K-5 students.
- Teaching Guide
- Photo Examples
- Brainstorming Pages
- Planning Pages
- Differentiated Drafting Pages
- Editing Checklist
Please open the preview file for a more detailed view before purchasing.
Looking for other creative resources for Desk Pets?
- Desk Pet Writing & Management Bundle
- Research Project for Desk Pet [informative]
- Adventures with my Desk Pet [narrative]
- Why I NEED A Desk Pet Letter [opinion]
- How to Take Care of a Desk Pet [how to]
- Desk Pet Classroom Management Pack
- Desk Pet Writing Bundle