Need the perfect, ready-to-go adding to 2 digit addition word problems math activities? Grab these 2 digit addition word problems worksheets and activities for 2nd or 3rd grade students, including: 2 digit addition story problems lesson plan, warm up, turn & talk, instructional video, anchor charts, learning target, and practice worksheet.
This includes ONE word problem activity that is a part of a bigger 2nd Grade Word Problem Unit Bundle!
Adding To Word Problems Activities: Skills Covered:
- Students will look at 2 digit addition word problems that involve “adding to”. They will write an equation to match the problem, solve the equation and label their answer.
- Printable (color & black and white)
- Google Slides
- TpT Easel
What’s Inside the 2 Digit Addition Story Problems Worksheets and Activities:
- Lesson Plan
- Learning Target
- Anchor Chart
- Instructional Video (covers the anchor charts, warm up and turn and talk)
- Warm Up Activity
- Turn & Talk Activity
- Double Sided Worksheet
- Answer Key
- Link to Google Slides
How Long Will the Adding To Story Problems & Activities Take?
These adding to word problems activities are designed to fill one lesson period. They will take anywhere from 25-90 minutes.
What standards are covered in the Addition Story Problems & Activities?
- 2.OA.A.1: Use addition and subtraction within 100 to solve one- and two- step word problems involving situations of adding to, taking from, putting together, taking apart and comparing, with unknowns in all positions, e.g., by using drawings and equations with a symbol for the unknown number to represent the problem.
Please note, these were designed for 2nd or 3rd grade students, but can be used with more advanced 1st grade students.
When to Use the Addition Story Problems & Activities:
- Math Block – Whole Group or Small Group
- Homeschool Environment
- Guest Teachers
- Substitute Teachers
- Student Teachers
- Special Education Environments
Need more 2nd grade word problem lessons?
This lesson is part of a bigger unit – 2nd Grade Word Problem Unit – which includes 30 days worth of lessons, assessments and more.
Get your plan time back and grab an entire year of math lessons!