Get students measuring with this NO PREP 2nd grade measurement unit. Students will practice measurement in inches, measuring centimeters, comparing lengths, plotting heights on line plots and more measuring activities through these sequential measurement worksheets and activities.
15 days of lesson plans, anchor charts, warm ups, turn and talks, worksheets, activities, and assessments are included in this 2nd grade measurement unit.
Looking for a digital option with pre-recorded video lessons taught for you? UPGRADE to the Second Grade Measurement Unit DIGITAL Version. Everything you need to teach in person or digitally, ALL DONE FOR YOU!
This LIFESAVING 2nd grade measurement unit including worksheets, warm ups, is amazing for busy teachers, hybrid teachers, virtual teachers, homeschool parents or homeschool teachers, student teachers, guest teachers and long-term substitutes.
During this 3 week 2nd grade measurement unit, we will cover:
- Measuring with non-standard units
- Selecting the correct tool to measure with
- Estimate and measure in inches and centimeters
- Comparing measurements
- Measure and graph on a line plot
- Compare inches and centimeters
These 2nd Grade Measurement Worksheets and Unit Cover:
- Common Core Standard 2.MD.A.1: Measure the length of an object by selecting and using appropriate tools such as rulers, yardsticks, meter sticks, and measuring tapes.
- Common Core Standard 2.MD.A.2: Measure the length of an object twice, using length units of different lengths for the two measurements; describe how the two measurements relate to the size of the unit chosen.
- Common Core Standard 2.MD.A.3: Estimate lengths using units of inches, feet, centimeters, and meters.
- Common Core Standard 2.MD.A.4: Measure to determine how much longer one object is than another, expressing the length difference in terms of a standard length unit.
- Common Core Standard 2.MD.D.9: Generate measurement data by measuring lengths of several objects to the nearest whole unit, or by making repeated measurements of the same object. Show the measurements by making a line plot, where the horizontal scale is marked off in whole-number units.
What’s Included With These 2nd Grade Measurement Worksheets and Full Unit:
185+ Page PDF Including:
- Unit at a Glance
- Daily Time Table
- Daily Lesson Plans
- Daily Learning Targets
- Daily Warm Up (15 – color and black and white)
- Daily Turn and Talk (15 – color and black and white)
- Anchor Charts
- Worksheets in Color and Black and White (15)
- Unit Assessment
- Answer Keys
Teachers love how low prep and comprehensive this resource is. This resource was designed for 2nd grade math students, but could be differentiated to work for other grades. It covers everything you need to teach whole group math to 2nd grade students for 3 weeks, as well as independent work that could be used for guided small math groups if needed.
Looking For Other 2nd Grade Math Units?
- 2nd Grade Let’s Do Math YEAR BUNDLE – Digital, PDF
- Place Value (3 week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Addition and Subtraction (6 week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Word Problems (3 week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Graphing (3 week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Geometry (3 week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Money (3 week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Measurement (3 week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Time (3 Week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Multiplication (3 week unit) – Digital, PDF
Need Common Core Reading and Writing Lesson Plans?
- YEAR LONG Digital Writing BUNDLE
- YEAR LONG Writing Craft Bundle
Please open the preview file and video. Please ask any questions prior to purchasing. Enjoy!
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Please open the preview file to see exactly what is included and ask all questions before purchasing.
Don’t forget to follow me on TpT to get first access to my resources, which are always 20% off for the first 24 hours.
You can also connect with me for first access to my resources, giveaways and FREEBIES via: Email | Website | Instagram | Facebook | Teachers Pay Teachers
Enjoy! Don’t forget to leave feedback on all paid purchases for future credit toward free resources.
There are no reviews yet.