Looking for the BEST place value worksheets and activities for your 1st grade students? These place value activities cover 2 digit numbers to 120, base ten using tens and ones, mentally adding and subtracting 10, the value of a digit, written numbers, mystery numbers, expanded form, comparing numbers and MORE! This 5 week place value unit is filled with no prep worksheets, posters, assessments and hands-on activities.
This Place Value Unit Includes:
- 26 Days of Place Value Worksheets and Activities
- 4 Place Value Quizzes
- Pre/Post Test for Place Value to 120
- 26 Day Teaching Guide for Place Value Unit
- Anchor Charts (Tens, Ones, Mentally Adding/Subtracting, 100s Chart, 120s Chart)
- Answer Keys
- Link to 45 Page Place Value Digital Worksheets & Assessments
- 45 Page Place Value Activities on Easel
Standards Covered in Place Value Worksheets
- 1.NBT.A.1 Count to 120, starting at any number less than 120. In this range, read and write numerals and represent a number of objects with a written numeral.
- 1.NBT.B.2 Understand that the two digits of a two-digit number represent amounts of tens and ones. Understand the following as special cases:
- 1.NBT.B.2.a. 10 can be thought of as a bundle of ten ones — called a “ten.”
- 1.NBT.B.2.b. The numbers from 11 to 19 are composed of a ten and one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, or nine ones.
- 1.NBT.B.2.c. The numbers 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 refer to one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, or nine tens (and 0 ones).
- 1.NBT.C.5 Given a two-digit number, mentally find 10 more or 10 less than the number, without having to count; explain the reasoning used.
- 1.NBT.B.3 Compare two two-digit numbers based on meanings of the tens and ones digits, recording the results of comparisons with the symbols >, =, and <.
These place value activities were designed for 1st grade students. They can be differentiated to be used with both kindergarten and 2nd graders.
The Place Value Unit – Lesson Topics:
- counting to 120
- order 2 digit numbers to 120
- teen numbers (using tens and ones)
- base ten manipulatives/drawings for tens and ones
- counting base ten materials
- representing 2 digit numbers in tens and ones
- identifying each numeral value in a 2 digit number
- expanded form
- mentally adding and subtracting 10 from numbers
- comparing numbers
3 Place Value Challenges included:
- teaching hundreds, tens and ones
- mentally add and subtract SETS of 10s (20, 30, 40)
- compare expanded form and written form with <, > and =
Grab a Whole Year of 1st Grade Math Worksheets – Or Other Units Included:
- 1st Grade Worksheets YEAR BUNDLE
- Place Value Worksheets for 1st Grade
- Adding and Subtracting to 20 Worksheets for 1st Grade
- Word Problems Worksheets for 1st Grade
- Data and Graphing Worksheets for 1st Grade
- Adding and Subtracting to 100 Worksheets for 1st Grade
- Measurement Worksheets for 1st Grade
- Geometry Worksheets for 1st Grade
- Telling Time Worksheets for 1st Grade