Get students telling time to 5 minutes and elapsed time with this NO PREP 2nd grade telling time unit. Students will practice reading clocks to the hour, half hour, and quarter hour, telling time to 5 minutes, AM vs PM, then will practice elapsed time and more activities through these sequential telling time math worksheets and activities.
This 2nd grade telling time unit includes 15 days of lesson plans, anchor charts, warm ups, turn and talks, worksheets, activities, and assessments are included.
Looking for a digital option with pre-recorded video lessons taught for you? UPGRADE to the Second Grade Time Unit DIGITAL Version. Everything you need to teach in person or digitally, ALL DONE FOR YOU!
This LIFESAVING 2nd grade telling time unit is amazing for busy teachers, hybrid teachers, virtual teachers, homeschool parents or homeschool teachers, student teachers, guest teachers and long-term substitutes.
During these 3 weeks of telling time worksheets, we will cover:
- Parts of a clock
- AM vs PM
- Time to the hour
- Time to the half hour
- Time to the quarter hour
- Time to 5 minutes
- Elapsed time [enrichment, can be skipped]
These 2nd Grade Telling Time Worksheets and Unit Cover:
- Common Core Standard 2.MD.C.7: Tell and write time from analog and digital clocks to the nearest five minutes, using a.m. and p.m.
What’s Included With These 2nd Grade Telling Time Worksheets and Full Unit:
120+ Page PDF Including:
- Unit at a Glance
- Daily Time Table
- Daily Lesson Plans
- Daily Learning Targets
- Daily Warm Up (15 – color and black and white)
- Daily Turn and Talk (15 – color and black and white)
- Anchor Charts
- Worksheets in Color and Black and White (15)
- Unit Assessment
- Answer Keys
Teachers love how low prep and comprehensive this resource is. This resource was designed for 2nd grade math students, but could be differentiated to work for other grades. It covers everything you need to teach whole group math to 2nd grade students for 3 weeks, as well as independent work that could be used for guided small math groups if needed.
Looking For Other 2nd Grade Math Units?
- 2nd Grade Let’s Do Math YEAR BUNDLE – Digital, PDF
- Place Value (3 week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Addition and Subtraction (6 week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Word Problems (3 week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Graphing (3 week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Geometry (3 week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Money (3 week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Measurement (3 week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Time (3 Week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Multiplication (3 week unit) – Digital, PDF
Need Common Core Reading and Writing Lesson Plans?
Please open the preview file and video. Please ask any questions prior to purchasing. Enjoy!
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Please open the preview file to see exactly what is included and ask all questions before purchasing.
Don’t forget to follow me on TpT to get first access to my resources, which are always 20% off for the first 24 hours.
Enjoy! Don’t forget to leave feedback on all paid purchases for future credit toward free resources.