Looking for a fun digital way to teach 2nd grade geometry including being able to sort 2D shapes and 3D shapes, all about their attributes, learning about fractions, area, symmetry, perimeter and more? 2nd grade students are sure to love these 15 days of lesson plans, instructional videos, anchor charts, activities, and assessments that are included.
This LIFESAVING 2nd grade geometry worksheets, warm ups and comprehensive unit is amazing for busy teachers, hybrid teachers, virtual teachers, homeschool parents or homeschool teachers, student teachers, guest teachers and long-term substitutes.
During this 3 week 2nd grade geometry unit, we will cover:
- Properties of 2D and 3D Shapes
- Equal vs. Unequal Parts
- Halves, Thirds and Fourths
2ND GRADE GEOMETRY CHALLENGE TOPICS:
- Fifths and beyond
This 2nd Grade Geometry Unit Covers:
- Common Core Standard 2.G.A.1: Recognize and draw shapes having specified attributes, such as a given number of angles or a given number of equal faces.1 Identify triangles, quadrilaterals, pentagons, hexagons, and cubes.
- Common Core Standard 2.G.A.2: Partition a rectangle into rows and columns of same-size squares and count to find the total number of them.
- Common Core Standard 2.G.A.3: Partition circles and rectangles into two, three, or four equal shares, describe the shares using the words halves, thirds, half of, a third of, etc., and describe the whole as two halves, three thirds, four fourths. Recognize that equal shares of identical wholes need not have the same shape.
What’s Included In the 2nd Grade Geometry Worksheets & More Resource:
- Digital Download Page (15 daily slides with lessons and activities, 3 assessments)
- 200+ Page PDF Version
Google Drive Links:
- 15 Google Slide Lessons including Daily Videos and Activities
- Unit at a Glance
- Daily Time Table
- Daily Lesson Plans
- Daily Learning Targets
- Daily Warm Up
- Daily Turn and Talk
- Anchor Charts
- Worksheets in Color and Black and White
- Answer Keys
Teachers love how low prep and comprehensive this resource is. This resource was designed for 2nd grade math students, but could be differentiated to work for other grades. It covers everything you need to teach whole group math to 2nd grade students for a month, as well as independent work that could be used for guided small math groups if needed.
Looking For Other 2nd Grade Math Units?
- 2nd Grade Let’s Do Math YEAR BUNDLE – Digital, PDF
- Place Value (3 week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Addition and Subtraction (6 week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Word Problems (3 week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Graphing (3 week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Geometry (3 week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Money (3 week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Measurement (3 week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Time (3 Week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Multiplication (3 week unit) – Digital, PDF
Need Common Core Reading and Writing Lesson Plans?
- YEAR LONG Digital Writing BUNDLE
- YEAR LONG Writing Craft Bundle
Please open the preview file and video. Please ask any questions prior to purchasing. Enjoy!
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Please open the preview file to see exactly what is included and ask all questions before purchasing.
Don’t forget to follow me on TpT to get first access to my resources, which are always 20% off for the first 24 hours.
You can also connect with me for first access to my resources, giveaways and FREEBIES via: Email | Website | Instagram | Facebook | Teachers Pay Teachers
Enjoy! Don’t forget to leave feedback on all paid purchases for future credit toward free resources.
There are no reviews yet.