Get your students’ pencils MOVING with this exciting Great Turkey Escape writing prompt. This Great Turkey Escape Thanksgiving activity includes the PERFECT Thanksgiving writing prompt, craft and bulletin board for any elementary classroom.
Great Turkey Escape Writing Prompt and Thanksgiving Bulletin Board Details:
Students will read aloud a book about the great turkey escape and the poster with the Thanksgiving writing prompt on it. They will then come up with their own imaginative narrative about a turkey escaping from Thanksgiving dinner. Their writing will go through the writing process with differentiated graphic organizers, checklists, rubrics and publishing pages. Finally, students will turn their great turkey escape writing into a fun turkey craft and a great Thanksgiving bulletin board for you hallway!
What’s Included in the Thanksgiving Writing Prompt:
- Teaching Guide
- Great Turkey Escape Writing Prompt/Anchor Chart
- Class Brainstorming Graphic Organizers
- Student Brainstorming Templates
- 3 Differentiated Graphic Organizers for Drafting
- Narrative Editing Checklist
- 2 Differentiated Publishing Pages (primary template and intermediate template)
- 6 Turkey Craft Pages (makes a great Thanksgiving bulletin board)
- 4 Differentiated Rubrics (for kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade and 3rd grade)
Timeline for Turkey Craft and Thanksgiving Bulletin Board:
This great turkey escape Thanksgiving activity can be taught in one day or stretched out throughout five days.
Looking for the BEST Thanksgiving Activities for Your Classroom?
- November Writing Project Bundle
- How to Catch a Turkey Writing Prompt
- Turkey Escape Imaginative Narrative Writing Prompt
- My Turkey In Disguise Informative Writing Project
- Thanksgiving Read Aloud Crafts & Summaries
- Bear Says Thanks Read Aloud Companion
- Thanksgiving Math Challenge Problems
- Thanksgiving Math Worksheets for 2nd Grade
Enjoy! Don’t forget to leave feedback on all paid purchases for future credit toward free resources.