Bring Thanksgiving math to the next level with these 26 Challenge Problems. Simply print and go or assign digitally and have students practicing challenge problems in no time. These multi-step word problems are designed to make students think.
Before using these Thanksgiving math task cards, students should be familiar with adding and subtracting multi-digit numbers. These task cards also introduce some multiplication/division skills, but can be figured out without direct instruction in those subjects.
26 Thanksgiving Math Challenge Problems ON
- Printable Task Cards
- Google Slides Presentation (link on 3rd page of PDF)
- Easel Activity
- Recording Sheet
- Answer Key
Suggested Grade Levels (2nd-4th):
I use these challenge problems to help push my second graders into higher order problem solving thinking skills during math instruction. These would also work well for third grade challenge problems, and could be an easier review for fourth graders.
Ideas for Use:
Some ideas to use this resource are as a scoot, as a Thanksgiving math challenge problem of the day, by hiding them around your room and having students find them, or simply by using them on a binder ring as a task card set. Students are sure to rise to the challenge and it is a great way to promote critical thinking and problem solving skills either individually or as a group.
Looking for the BEST Thanksgiving Resources for Your Classroom?
- November Writing Project Bundle
- How to Catch a Turkey Writing Prompt
- Turkey Escape Imaginative Narrative Writing Prompt
- My Turkey In Disguise Informative Writing Project
- Thanksgiving Read Aloud Crafts & Summaries
- Bear Says Thanks Read Aloud Companion
- Thanksgiving Math Challenge Problems
- Thanksgiving Math Worksheets for 2nd Grade
Enjoy! Don’t forget to leave feedback on all paid purchases for future credit toward free resources.