Looking for a no prep Hanukkah reading comprehension activity for your class? Turn this reading comprehension webquest into a writing craft and bulletin board for the ultimate Hanukkah lesson. (Recommended for 2nd, 3rd or 4th grade.)
What is a Hanukkah Reading Comprehension Webquest
Students will go on a webquest (visit a kid-friendly, informational website) to learn about Hanukkah.
Students will then use different reading comprehension graphic organizers to answer questions about Hanukkah.
Students will fill out a KWL (know, what to know, what I learned) chart, answer 5 W (who, what, where, when, why) questions about the text, write about the main idea and key details, practice using new vocabulary, and then write a summary about what they have learned.
Reading Comprehension – Summary Writing – Bulletin Board
Conclude the project by allowing students to write a summary about what they have learned about Hanukkah using the key vocabulary you worked on.
Writing about what they are reading is an excellent way for students to show their reading comprehension.
- Link to Webquest passage
- Link to 10 Page Google Slide Activity
- Teacher Guide (one week or one day included, great for sub plans!)
- Vocabulary Anchor Chart (Hanukkah – Kislev, Hanukkiya, Latke)
- KWL Activity
- Answering Questions Page (includes 10 questions)
- Main Idea and Key Detail Graphic Organizer
- Vocabulary Activity
- Summarizing Writing Craft and Activity
- 5 Bulletin Board Options
- Answer Keys
- Easel Activity
3 NO PREP Webquest Formats Included
- PRINTABLE – Print out the 5 activities in black and white. Allow students to read the Webquest passage either as a print out (the teacher will need to print from the website) or have students use a device to do the Webquest.
- GOOGLE SLIDES TM – Students will get access to a 10 page Google Slides presentation with all 5 activities and a link to the Webquest passage in one place. Text boxes are already ready for students to type and go.
- EASEL – Students can use the 10 page Easel activity to record their answers.
What is a Webquest?
A Webquest is when a student uses knowledge learned from articles or websites to practice reading comprehension. Students will use kid-friendly websites to gain knowledge on a topic. Links to all websites required are included in this resource. If students are not able to access them, teachers can print the information instead.
When to Use Hanukkah Reading Comprehension Activities
These Hanukkah WebQuest Reading Comprehension Activities can be used during writing, reading or social studies. They are designed for students in second, third and fourth grade.
Please open the preview file for a more in depth look at what is included and ask any questions before purchasing.
Need Other Winter Holidays Around the World Webquests?
- Grab the Winter Holidays Around the World Webquest BUNDLE!
- Hanukkah Webquest
- Christmas Webquest
- Diwali Webquest
- Kwanzaa Webquest
- Chinese New Year Webquest
- New Year Webquest