Need the perfect, ready-to-go multiplication word problems activities? Grab these basic multiplication word problems activities for 2nd or 3rd grade students, including: multiplying, adding or subtracting word problems lesson plan, warm up, turn & talk, instructional video, anchor charts, learning target, and practice worksheet.
This includes ONE multiplication activity that is a part of a bigger Multiplication Math Unit Bundle!
Multiplication Word Problems Skills Covered:
- Students will look at word problems and determine if they should add, subtract or multiply to solve
- Students will solve word problems using the correct operation
- Printable (color & black and white)
- Google Slides
- TpT Easel
What’s Inside the Multiplication Word Problems Activities
- Lesson Plan
- Learning Target
- Anchor Chart
- Instructional Video (covers the anchor charts, warm up and turn and talk)
- Warm Up Activity
- Turn & Talk Activity
- Double Sided Worksheet
- Answer Key
- Link to Google Slides
How Long Will the Multiplication Word Problems Activities Take?
These multiplication word problems activities for multiplying are designed to fill one lesson period. They will take anywhere from 25-90 minutes.
What standards are covered in the Multiplication Word Problems Activities?
- 2.OA.C.4: Use addition to find the total number of objects arranged in rectangular arrays with up to 5 rows and up to 5 columns; write an equation to express the total as a sum of equal addends.
When to Use the Multiplication Activities:
- Math Block – Whole Group or Small Group
- Homeschool Environment
- Guest Teachers
- Substitute Teachers
- Student Teachers
- Special Education Environments
Need more multiplication lessons?
This lesson is part of a bigger unit – Multiplication Math Unit Bundle – which includes 15 days worth of lessons, assessments and more.
Get your plan time back and grab an entire year of math lessons!