Need your students’ next favorite summer writing prompt? Get students writing in no time with these How to Build a Sandcastle writing templates and sandcastle craft. Transform it into a summer bulletin board for the ultimate beach writing experience!
Students will brainstorm ideas as a class on how to build a sandcastle, then they will plan and write a how to piece that will be turned into an adorable flip book and sandcastle craft. This sandcastle craft is super simple and easy to recreate with your students.
What is the How to Build a Sandcastle Writing Template and Craft?
Teach students to write step by step directions with these engaging lessons. The How to Build a Sandcastle writing templates are designed to be taught over the course of one week, but can also be condensed into one day. Top the project off with a fun sandcastle craft for your summer bulletin board. This lesson includes two differentiated writing templates, perfect for all K-5 students.
What’s Inside the How to Build a Sandcastle Writing Template and Craft?
- Teaching Tips
- Photo Examples
- Transition Word Anchor Chart (specific for how to writing)
- Student Brainstorming Template
- Student Drafting Graphic Organizer
- Student Publishing Templates (2 – primary and intermediate versions)
- Sandcastle Craft Pieces (makes a great summer bulletin board!)
Please open the preview file for a closer look.
Looking for other creative writing topics for the month of May?
- MAY Writing Bundle [all four below]
- How to Build a Sandcastle [how to]
- Taco Bout My Dad/Someone Special [informative- editable to be about ANYONE, not just dad]
- My Trip to Space [narrative]
- The Best Part of Summer [opinion]
OR ONE YEAR of Writing Activities and Bulletin Boards
Follow me on TpT and Instagram to get first access to my resources. Be sure to leave a review to get credits toward FREE future resources.
There are no reviews yet.