Get students counting coins fluently with this NO PREP 2nd grade US money unit. Students will practice counting coins (quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies) and money word problems through these sequential US money worksheets and activities. This 3 week digital money unit includes 15 days of instructional videos, lesson plans, anchor charts, warm ups, turn and talks, worksheets, activities, and assessments.
This LIFESAVING 2nd grade money unit including daily instructional videos, worksheets, warm ups, and more is amazing for busy teachers, hybrid teachers, virtual teachers, homeschool parents or homeschool teachers, student teachers, guest teachers and long-term substitutes.
During this 3 week 2nd grade money unit, we will cover:
- Identifying US Coins (penny, nickel, dime, quarter)
- Counting coins
- Word problems to count coins
- Word problems to make change
- Two step word problems
These 2nd Grade Money Worksheets and Unit Cover:
- Common Core Standard 2.MD.C.8: Solve word problems involving dollar bills, quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies, using $ and ¢ symbols appropriately. Example: If you have 2 dimes and 3 pennies, how many cents do you have?
What’s Included With These 2nd Grade Money Worksheets and Full Unit:
- Digital Download Page (15 daily slides with lessons and activities, 3 assessments)
- 175+ Page PDF Version
Google Drive Links:
- 15 Google Slide Lessons including Daily Videos and Activities (assessments and videos embedded)
- Unit at a Glance
- Daily Time Table
- Daily Lesson Plans
- Daily Learning Targets
- Daily Warm Up (in color and black and white)
- Daily Turn and Talk (in color and black and white)
- Anchor Charts
- Worksheets (in color and black and white)
- Answer Keys
Teachers love how low prep and comprehensive this resource is. This resource was designed for 2nd grade math students, but could be differentiated to work for other grades. It covers everything you need to teach whole group math to 2nd grade students for 3 weeks, as well as independent work that could be used for guided small math groups if needed.
Please note, that due to the complex nature of this topic, I highly encourage you to reinforce these topics in small groups, specifically comparing numbers and solving unknown addends.
Looking For Other 2nd Grade Math Units?
- 2nd Grade Let’s Do Math YEAR BUNDLE – Digital, PDF
- Place Value (3 week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Addition and Subtraction (6 week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Word Problems (3 week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Graphing (3 week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Geometry (3 week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Money (3 week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Measurement (3 week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Time (3 Week unit) – Digital, PDF
- Multiplication (3 week unit) – Digital, PDF
Need Common Core Reading and Writing Lesson Plans?
- YEAR LONG Digital Writing BUNDLE
- YEAR LONG Writing Craft Bundle
Please open the preview file and video. Please ask any questions prior to purchasing. Enjoy!
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Please open the preview file to see exactly what is included and ask all questions before purchasing.
Don’t forget to follow me on TpT to get first access to my resources, which are always 20% off for the first 24 hours.
You can also connect with me for first access to my resources, giveaways and FREEBIES via: Email | Website | Instagram | Facebook | Teachers Pay Teachers
Enjoy! Don’t forget to leave feedback on all paid purchases for future credit toward free resources.
There are no reviews yet.