Need the perfect, ready-to-go counting coins (pennies, nickels & dimes) activities? Grab these counting pennies, nickels and dimes activities for your 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade students, including: counting pennies and nickels lesson plan, warm up, turn & talk, instructional video, anchor charts, learning target, and practice worksheet.
This includes ONE money activity that is a part of a bigger Money Math Unit Bundle!
Counting Coins (Pennies, Nickels & Dimes) Money Skills Covered:
- Students will practice skip counting by 1s, 5s and 10s by learning to count specifically dimes, nickels and pennies
- Printable (color & black and white)
- Google Slides
- TpT Easel
What’s Inside the Counting Coins Pennies, Nickels & Dimes Activities
- Lesson Plan
- Learning Target
- Anchor Chart
- Instructional Video (covers the anchor charts, warm up and turn and talk)
- Warm Up Activity
- Turn & Talk Activity
- Double Sided Worksheet
- Answer Key
- Link to Google Slides
How Long Will the Counting Coins (Pennies, Nickels & Dimes) Activities Take?
These counting coins activities for money are designed to fill one lesson period. They will take anywhere from 25-90 minutes.
What standards are covered in the Counting Coins (Pennies, Nickels & Dimes) Activities?
- 2.MD.C.8: Solve word problems involving dollar bills, quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies, using $ and ¢ symbols appropriately.
When to Use the Counting Coins (Pennies, Nickels & Dimes) Activities:
- Math Block – Whole Group or Small Group
- Homeschool Environment
- Guest Teachers
- Substitute Teachers
- Student Teachers
- Special Education Environments
Need more money lessons?
This lesson is part of a bigger unit –– which includes 15 days worth of lessons, assessments and more.
Get your plan time back and grab an entire year of math lessons!