Need the perfect, ready-to-go finding the area with rows and columns activities? Grab these finding the area activities for your 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade students, including: finding the area with rows and columns lesson plan, warm up, turn & talk, instructional video, anchor charts, learning target, and practice worksheet.
This includes ONE geometry activity that is a part of a bigger Geometry Math Unit Bundle!
Finding the Area Skills Covered:
- Students look at rectangles divided into rows and columns and count the number of squares inside to find the area
- Students practice partitioning rectangles into equal rows and columns to find the area of shapes
- Printable (color & black and white)
- Google Slides
- TpT Easel
What’s Inside the Finding the Area Activities
- Lesson Plan
- Learning Target
- Anchor Chart
- Instructional Video (covers the anchor charts, warm up and turn and talk)
- Warm Up Activity
- Turn & Talk Activity
- 1 Worksheet
- Answer Key
- Link to Google Slides
How Long Will the Finding the Area with Rows and Columns Activities Take?
These finding the area activities for geometry are designed to fill one lesson period. They will take anywhere from 25-90 minutes.
What standards are covered in the Finding the Area Activities?
- 2.G.A.3: Partition a rectangle into rows and columns of same-size squares and count to find the total number of them.
When to Use the Geometry Activities:
- Math Block – Whole Group or Small Group
- Homeschool Environment
- Guest Teachers
- Substitute Teachers
- Student Teachers
- Special Education Environments
Need more geometry lessons?
This lesson is part of a bigger unit – Geometry Math Unit – which includes 15 days worth of lessons, assessments and more.
Get your plan time back and grab an entire year of math lessons!