Need the perfect, ready-to-go 3 digit mystery numbers printable and digital activities? Grab these place value word problem activities for 2nd or 3rd grade students, including: 3 digit mystery numbers and word problems lesson plan, warm up, turn & talk, instructional video, anchor charts, learning target, and practice worksheet.
This includes ONE place value activity that is a part of a bigger 2nd Grade Place Value to 1000 Unit Bundle!
3 Digit Mystery Numbers Activities: Skills Covered:
- Students will read (or have problems read aloud) place value word problems that require them to find a “mystery number” by using their knowledge of place value to 1000
- Printable (color & black and white)
- Google Slides
- TpT Easel
What’s Inside the 3 Digit Mystery Numbers Activities:
- Lesson Plan
- Learning Target
- Anchor Chart
- Instructional Video (covers the anchor charts, warm up and turn and talk)
- Warm Up Activity
- Turn & Talk Activity
- Double Sided Worksheet
- Answer Key
- Link to Google Slides
How Long Will the Place Value Word Problems Activities Take?
These 3 digit mystery numbers activities are designed to fill one lesson period. They will take anywhere from 25-90 minutes.
What standards are covered in the Place Value Word Problem Activities?
- 2.NBT.A.1: Understand that the three digits of a three- digit number represent amounts of hundreds, tens, and ones; e.g., 706 equals 7 hundreds, 0 tens, and 6 ones.
Please note, these were designed for 2nd or 3rd grade students, but can be used with more advanced 1st grade students.
When to Use the Place Value Word Problems Activities:
- Math Block – Whole Group or Small Group
- Homeschool Environment
- Guest Teachers
- Substitute Teachers
- Student Teachers
- Special Education Environments
Need more 2nd grade place value to 1000 lessons?
This lesson is part of a bigger unit – 2nd Grade Place Value to 1000 – which includes 30 days worth of lessons, assessments and more.
Get your plan time back and grab an entire year of math lessons!