Looking to for the BEST year long writing prompts with fun monthly themes to use with your primary students? Get creativity flowing and pencils moving with these 40 fun themed writing prompts for the year! Take students through the writing process each week with these differentiated graphic organizers then have them top off their writing with fun crafts that doubles as an adorable bulletin boards ALL YEAR LONG!
Each theme include 4 writing prompts for a total of 40 prompts:
- Informative Writing Prompt
- Opinion Writing Prompt
- Narrative Writing Prompt
- How To Writing Prompt
EACH Writing Prompt Includes TONS of differentiated writing activities taking students through the writing process including:
- Weekly Teaching Guide
- 2 Student Planning Pages PER WEEK
- 3 Differentiated Graphic Organizers PER WEEK
- Editing Checklist (for opinion, informative and narrative genres)
- 6 Differentiated Publishing Pages (primary and intermediate) PER WEEK
- Weekly Themed Craft Page – Makes a GREAT Bulletin Board ALL YEAR LONG
- 4 Rubrics (for kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade and 3rd grade)
Please open the preview file for a more in depth look inside.
10 Fun Themes Included:
- Fairy Tale Themed Writing Prompts
- On the Farm Themed Writing Prompts
- Dinosaur Themed Writing Prompts
- Outer Space Themed Writing Prompts
- Zoo Animals Themed Writing Prompts
- Favorite Food Themed Writing Prompts
- Bugs and Insects Themed Writing Prompts
- Ocean & Beach Themed Writing Prompts
- Camping Themed Writing Prompts
- Winter Themed Writing Prompts
Who are these year long writing prompts for?
These year long writing prompts are differentiated for all students in:
- 1st Grade
- 2nd Grade
- 3rd Grade
Each page includes multiple versions appropriate for each grade level. This also is great for differentiation for groups within one classroom. These are perfect for ALL students – with pages that work for students in special education and also students in gifted and talented programs.
Year Long Writing Prompt Timelines:
There are 40 lessons included, 1 for each week of school. Each lesson can be taught throughout five days or condensed into as little as one day. Each lesson includes many versions, perfect for all K-3 students.
Please open the preview file before purchasing.