Need the perfect, ready-to-go telling time to the hour and half hour activities? Grab these telling time to the hour and half hour activities for 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade students, including: reading the hour and minute hand to tell time to the hour and half hour lesson plan, warm up, turn & talk, instructional video, anchor charts, learning target, and practice worksheet.
This includes ONE telling time activity that is a part of a bigger Telling Time to 5 Minutes Unit Bundle!
Telling Time to the Hour and Half Hour: Skills Covered:
- Students will look at different clocks and determine what time they are showing (to the hour and half hour)
- Students will look at a time and draw hands on a clock to match the time (to the hour and half hour)
- Printable (color & black and white)
- Google Slides
- TpT Easel
What’s Inside the Telling Time to the Hour and Half Hour Activities
- Lesson Plan
- Learning Target
- Anchor Chart
- Instructional Video (covers the anchor charts, warm up and turn and talk)
- Warm Up Activity
- Turn & Talk Activity
- Double Sided Worksheet
- Answer Key
- Link to Google Slides
How Long Will the Telling Time to the Hour and Half Hour Activities Take?
These telling time to the hour and half hour activities are designed to fill one lesson period. They will take anywhere from 25-90 minutes.
What standards are covered in the Telling Time to the Half Hour Activities?
- 1.MD.B.3: Tell and write time in hours and half-hours using analog and digital clocks.
- 2.MD.C.7: Tell and write time from analog and digital clocks to the nearest five minutes, using a.m. and p.m.
- 3.MD.A.1: Tell and write time to the nearest minute and measure time intervals in minutes. Solve word problems involving addition and subtraction of time intervals in minutes.
When to Use the Telling Time Activities:
- Math Block – Whole Group or Small Group
- Homeschool Environment
- Guest Teachers
- Substitute Teachers
- Student Teachers
- Special Education Environments
Need more telling time lessons?
This lesson is part of a bigger unit – Telling Time to 5 Minutes Unit Bundle – which includes 15 days worth of lessons, assessments and more.
Get your plan time back and grab an entire year of math lessons!