Looking to ADD LIFE to your personal narrative writing prompts while combining a geography activity? Students will LOVE this plan a road trip themed imaginative narrative activity. Differentiated graphic organizers make this imaginative narrative project accessible for ALL students. Get students to practice writing with a problem and solution or about four sequential events.
What is the Plan a Road Trip Writing Prompt and Geography Bulletin Board?
Students will write an imaginative narrative about their dream family vacation. They will plan a road trip with 4 stops, or write about a road trip that has a problem and solution with this fun writing prompt. This can be tied into a geography unit and students can pick locations that have been studied or can practice their map skills by drawing out where they would visit.
Teaching Tips for the Plan a Road Trip Writing Prompt and Car Craft:
After students plan a road trip with 4 stops, students will brainstorm, draft, plan, edit and publish a writing piece about 4 different places they visited during their road trip. Students can write using a problem and solution, or just write about 4 sequential events. Afterwards, students will complete a simple car craft to add a pop of color and fun to their writing. Turn it into a geography bulletin board, use it as a talking point for conferences, add it to a writing portfolio, or send this fun road trip writing prompt home for students when you’re done.
What’s Inside the Plan a Road Trip Narrative Writing Prompt
- Teaching Guide
- 2 Student Planning Templates
- 3 Differentiated Student Drafting Templates
- 6 Differentiated Student Publishing Templates (for primary to intermediate)
- Car Craft Page (makes a great geography bulletin board)
- 4 Differentiated Writing Rubrics (for kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade & 3rd grade)
Please open the preview file before purchasing.
Timeline for the Plan a Road Trip Narrative Writing Prompt
Teach students to write engaging narratives about their dream vacation with a problem and solution using these fun lessons. This lesson can be taught in one day or stretched out throughout five days. This lesson includes two versions, perfect for all K-3 students.
This fun car craft doubles as an adorable geography bulletin board as well.
Interested in other narrative writing projects? Check these out below!
- Beekle Imaginary Friend Narrative Writing Project
- Rockin’ Roadtrip Narrative Writing Project
- Sun-Sational Summer Narrative Writing Project
- My Pet Dragon Imaginative Narrative
- My Day With a Leprechaun Imaginative Narrative
- Tooth Fairy Imaginative Narrative & Craft
- My Night on the Polar Express Narrative Writing & Craft
- The Great Turkey Escape Imaginative Narrative
Or get the year long writing bundle to review all genres here: 25 Year Long Writing Projects.
Please ask any questions before purchasing this resource. Don’t forget to leave feedback below for credits toward future purchases. To see what is happening in my classroom and my new resources in action, follow me on Instagram @the.mountain.teacher .