Teach place value to 1000 to your 2nd or 3rd graders with ease. This 3 week unit is filled with no prep worksheets, posters, assessments and hands-on activities covering place value topics including: hundreds, tens, ones, expanded form, base ten representations, 3 digit numbers, comparing numbers, skip counting and more.
This resource includes:
- 26 Pages of Place Value to 1000 Worksheets and Activities
- 3 Place Value to 1000 Homework Pages (1 per week)
- Pre/Post Test for Place Value to 1000
- Teaching Guide
- Anchor Charts (Hundreds, Tens, Ones, Mentally Adding/Subtracting, 100s Chart, 120s Chart, 1000s Chart)
- Answer Keys
- Link to 30 Page Place Value to 1000 Google Slides Workbook (includes tests and homework)
- 30 Page Easel Activity
Common Core Alignment
All activities are linked back to the common core. This unit explicitly teaches:
- 2.NBT.A.1: Understand that the three digits of a three-digit number represent amounts of hundreds, tens, and ones; e.g., 706 equals 7 hundreds, 0 tens, and 6 ones.
- 2.NBT.A.2: Count within 1000; skip-count by 5s, 10s, and 100s.
- 2. NBT.A.3: Read and write numbers to 1000 using base-ten numerals, number names, and expanded form.
- 2.NBT.A.4: Compare two three-digit numbers based on meanings of the hundreds, tens, and ones digits, using >, =, and < symbols to record the results of comparisons.
The Place Value to 1000 Lessons Covered Are:
- base ten manipulatives/drawings
- counting base ten materials
- representing 3 digit numbers in hundreds, tens and ones
- identifying each numeral amount in a 3 digit number
- expanded form
- mentally adding and subtracting numbers
- comparing numbers
Check Out Other 2nd and 3rd Grade Math Worksheet Packs:
- Place Value
- Addition and Subtraction to 1000
- Word Problems
- Data & Graphing
- BUNDLE All Nine Units!
Need mini lessons, turn and talks, and instructional videos? Don’t miss out on the 2nd Grade Let’s Do Math Curriculum.
You can also connect with me for first access to my resources, giveaways and FREEBIES via: Email | Website | Instagram | Facebook | Teachers Pay Teachers
There are no reviews yet.