Need the perfect, ready-to-go making 2D shapes activities? Grab these combining 2D shapes activities for your 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade students, including: making 2D shapes lesson plan, warm up, turn & talk, instructional video, anchor charts, learning target, and practice worksheet.
This includes ONE geometry activity that is a part of a bigger Geometry Math Unit Bundle!
Making 2D Shapes Skills Covered:
- Students will identify what 2 shapes are used to make a new 2D shape
- Students will combine 2D shapes to make new 2D shapes
- Printable (color & black and white)
- Google Slides
- TpT Easel
What’s Inside the Making 2D Shapes Activities
- Lesson Plan
- Learning Target
- Anchor Chart
- Instructional Video (covers the anchor charts, warm up and turn and talk)
- Warm Up Activity
- Turn & Talk Activity
- 1 Worksheet
- Answer Key
- Link to Google Slides
How Long Will the Making 2D Shapes Activities Take?
These making 2D shapes activities for geometry are designed to fill one lesson period. They will take anywhere from 25-90 minutes.
What standards are covered in the Making 2D Shapes Activities?
- 2.G.A.1: Recognize and draw shapes having specified attributes, such as a given number of angles or a given number of equal faces.1 Identify triangles, quadrilaterals, pentagons, hexagons, and cubes.
When to Use the Geometry Activities:
- Math Block – Whole Group or Small Group
- Homeschool Environment
- Guest Teachers
- Substitute Teachers
- Student Teachers
- Special Education Environments
Need more geometry lessons?
This lesson is part of a bigger unit – Geometry Math Unit – which includes 15 days worth of lessons, assessments and more.
Get your plan time back and grab an entire year of math lessons!