Looking for the best Gingerbread Man Activities for your class? These Gingerbread Man reading, writing and STEM activities are PERFECT for your students. There are 15 days of Gingerbread Man reading comprehension templates, literacy centers, writing activities, STEM challenges, and more. Top it off by building a gingerbread house with your kiddos for the ultimate Gingerbread Man fun!
Gingerbread Man Reading Activities
- Story Elements – Students will read a story each day, then decorate a Gingerbread Man to look like the one in the story they read. They will then write about different story elements from that version of the Gingerbread Man and keep it in a house for easy comparing and contrasting of stories.
- Comparing and Contrasting – Students will use a Venn Diagram to compare and contrast different stories of the Gingerbread Man books they have read.
- 4 Reading Centers – Students will do fun reading activities about synonyms, antonyms, homophones and parts of speech with these 4 fun word work centers.
** These Gingerbread Man Reading Activities work with ANY Gingerbread Man Book you might already have in your classroom!**
Gingerbread Man Writing Activities
- My Gingerbread Man Story – Students will write their own version of The Gingerbread Man using the knowledge they have gained from the books reading activities. There are 5 days worth of activities and templates to guide students through the writing process.
- My Favorite Gingerbread Man Story – After reading the stories and doing activities, students will write about which Gingerbread Man story was their favorite and why. There are 5 days worth of activities and writing templates for this writing activity.
- How to Make a Gingerbread Man or Gingerbread House – Students will use 3 days worth of writing activities and templates to write a procedural piece on HOW to make a gingerbread house or gingerbread man. End this fun project with an optional activity to actually make gingerbread houses with your class (parent letter included).
Gingerbread Man STEM Activities & Gingerbread Man House Building
- Students can make a gingerbread man or house in class. Use the parent letter included to have materials sent in for a low-prep but high-engagement activity
- 4 Early Finisher STEM challenges using ANY STEM materials you already have in your classroom – All Gingerbread Man themed.
Gingerbread Man Activities Teaching Guide/Recommended Timing
There is a teaching guide included to describe how I would teach this unit throughout 3 weeks of school. This is a perfect supplement to the holiday months, but can be taught at any time throughout the school year! It is a great addition to any fairy tale unit. Please note that you need to have various versions of The Gingerbread Man for this to work best.
What EXACTLY is inside the Gingerbread Man Activities Pack
- 15 Day Gingerbread Reading and Writing Activities Teaching Plan
- Recommended Gingerbread Titles to Use
- Gingerbread Man Story Element Activity Template & Craft
- Gingerbread House Craft to store Gingerbread Man Crafts
- Venn Diagram Template (works with any Gingerbread Man book)
- Disguise a Gingerbread Man Activity
- Narrative Gingerbread Man Story – Planning Template
- Narrative Gingerbread Man Story – 2 Differentiated Drafting Templates
- Narrative Gingerbread Man Story – Publishing Template for Bulletin Board
- Narrative Gingerbread Man Story – Rubric
- My Favorite Gingerbread Man Story Opinion Writing – Planning Template
- My Favorite Gingerbread Man Story Opinion Writing – 2 Differentiated Drafting Templates
- My Favorite Gingerbread Man Story Opinion Writing – Publishing Template for Bulletin Board
- My Favorite Gingerbread Man Story Opinion Writing – Rubric
- How to Make a Gingerbread Man or House – Drafting Template
- How to Make a Gingerbread Man or House – 2 Publishing Templates for Bulletin Board
- How to Make a Gingerbread Man or House – Rubric
- 4 Gingerbread Man STEM Challenges
- Gingerbread House STEM Challenge
- Gingerbread House Parent Letter (for materials)
- 4 Gingerbread Man Literacy Centers (antonyms, synonyms, homophones, parts of speech)
Looking for more gingerbread activities? Check out the Gingerbread Man Math PBL to implement during math and science.
Please be sure to check out the preview file before purchasing. Thanks so much! Enjoy!