Need the perfect, ready-to-go two step money word problems activities? Grab these counting money word problem activities for your 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade students, including: counting pennies and nickels lesson plan, warm up, turn & talk, instructional video, anchor charts, learning target, and practice worksheet.
This includes ONE money activity that is a part of a bigger Money Math Unit Bundle!
Two Step Money Word Problem Skills Covered:
- Students will practice skip counting by 1s, 5s, 10s and 25s by learning to count specifically quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies
- Students will determine how much money a person has (addition – step one) then make change after the person makes a purchase (subtraction – step two)
- Printable (color & black and white)
- Google Slides
- TpT Easel
What’s Inside the Counting Money Two Step Word Problems Activities
- Lesson Plan
- Learning Target
- Anchor Chart
- Instructional Video (covers the anchor charts, warm up and turn and talk)
- Warm Up Activity
- Turn & Talk Activity
- Double Sided Worksheet
- Answer Key
- Link to Google Slides
How Long Will the Counting Money Two Step Word Problems Activities Take?
These two step money word problem activities for money are designed to fill one lesson period. They will take anywhere from 25-90 minutes.
What standards are covered in the Two Step Money Word Problem Activities?
- 2.MD.C.8: Solve word problems involving dollar bills, quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies, using $ and ¢ symbols appropriately.
When to Use the Counting Money Two Step Word Problems Activities:
- Math Block – Whole Group or Small Group
- Homeschool Environment
- Guest Teachers
- Substitute Teachers
- Student Teachers
- Special Education Environments
Need more money lessons?
This lesson is part of a bigger unit –– which includes 15 days worth of lessons, assessments and more.
Get your plan time back and grab an entire year of math lessons!