Need the perfect, ready-to-go counting coins (pennies and nickels) activities? Grab these counting pennies and nickels activities for your 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade students, including: counting pennies and nickels lesson plan, warm up, turn & talk, instructional video, anchor charts, learning target, and practice worksheet.
This includes ONE money activity that is a part of a bigger Money Math Unit Bundle!
Counting Coins (Pennies and Nickels) Money Skills Covered:
- Students will practice skip counting by 1s and 5s by learning to count specifically nickels and pennies
- Printable (color & black and white)
- Google Slides
- TpT Easel
What’s Inside the Counting Coins (Pennies and Nickels) Activities
- Lesson Plan
- Learning Target
- Anchor Chart
- Instructional Video (covers the anchor charts, warm up and turn and talk)
- Warm Up Activity
- Turn & Talk Activity
- Double Sided Worksheet
- Answer Key
- Link to Google Slides
How Long Will the Counting Coins (Pennies and Nickels) Activities Take?
These counting coins activities for money are designed to fill one lesson period. They will take anywhere from 25-90 minutes.
What standards are covered in the Counting Coins (Pennies and Nickels) Activities?
- 2.MD.C.8: Solve word problems involving dollar bills, quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies, using $ and ¢ symbols appropriately.
When to Use the Counting Coins (Pennies and Nickels) Activities:
- Math Block – Whole Group or Small Group
- Homeschool Environment
- Guest Teachers
- Substitute Teachers
- Student Teachers
- Special Education Environments
Need more money lessons?
This lesson is part of a bigger unit –– which includes 15 days worth of lessons, assessments and more.
Get your plan time back and grab an entire year of math lessons!