Are you looking for the best read aloud activities and read aloud crafts FOR THE YEAR? These 43 read aloud companions make the EASIEST low-prep reading centers for any kindergarten, 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade classroom. Each read aloud includes activities, crafts, reading responses, writing prompts, discussion questions, and worksheets that will make reading centers fun and easy!
EACH READ ALOUD COMPANION WILL INCLUDE:
7 Read Aloud reading response activities:
- Making Predictions
- Answering Questions
- Story Elements (Character, Setting, Problem, Solution)
- Making Connections (text to text, text to self, text to world)
- Character Changes
- Favorite Part
2 read aloud activity crafts:
- Story Element Flip Book with Craft
- First, Then, Next, Last Flip Book with Craft
4 writing prompts and crafts for EACH read aloud:
- Narrative Writing Prompt in Primary and Intermediate with Craft
- Informative Writing Prompt in Primary and Intermediate with Craft
- Opinion Writing Prompt in Primary and Intermediate with Craft
- How To Writing Prompt in Primary and Intermediate with Craft
5 fun word work and writing activities for EACH read aloud included:
- Unscramble Words
- Word Search
- Decoding Words
- Make a Word
- Directed Draw & Write
Answer keys are included for most pages. Pages in which many answers could apply do not have answer keys.
Each reading and writing activity is differentiated to include:
- Traceable sentence stems
- Fill in the blank sentence stems
- Long answer blank replies
These read aloud activities are differentiated to work with kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade and 3rd grade students.
Reading Bulletin Board Ideas:
Both the writing and reading crafts make great reading bulletin boards. Pin their final crafts to your reading bulletin boards and change your reading bulletin boards each week! Easy and cute bulletin boards for the year!
Each read aloud pack will follow the same format. This makes these read aloud activities the PERFECT centers, as you can read aloud the book on Monday, then put the activities into independent centers for the rest of the week. The different hands on activities and crafts will have your students begging for more!
When to use the Year Long Read Aloud Activities:
These read aloud activities are PERFECT for whole group reading, reading centers, holidays, substitutes, student teachers, parent read alouds, morning work, independent work, small group reading and more.
Timeline for Year Long Read Aloud Activities:
Stretch each read aloud out for a week, or use all of the activities to fill a slow morning. With so many options and differentiated versions, the possibilities are endless.
Who are the Read Aloud Companions For?
All read aloud activities are differentiated for K-3, but are best suited for 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade centers and can be used with assistance for high kindergarten students.
Year Bundle Themes & Read Alouds Included:
- Zoo Animal Read Aloud Books: Giraffes Can’t Dance, Mother Bruce, Leo the Late Bloomer, Strictly No Elephants
- Dinosaur Read Aloud Books: We Don’t Eat Our Classmates, We Don’t Lose Our Class Goldfish, We Will Rock Our Classmates
- Ocean Read Aloud Books: Clark the Shark, There Might Be Lobsters, Not Quite Narwhal
- Food Read Aloud Books: The Good Egg, The Bad Seed, The Smart Cookie, The Sour Grape, The Cool Bean, The Couch Potato
- Bug Read Aloud Books: Diary of a Worm, Hey, Little Ant, The Very Impatient Caterpillar, The Little Butterfly that Could, Snail Crossing, The Secret Life of Bees
- Woodland or Forest Read Aloud Books: Tops & Bottoms, The Great Fuzz Frenzy, Too Many Carrots, Bear Wants More, The Golden Acorn, The Perfect Birthday Recipe
- Fairy Tale Read Aloud Books: The 3 Little Pigs, Goldilocks, Little Red Riding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk, Snow White
- Back to School Read Aloud Books: The Day the Crayons Quit, Stick and Stone, Chrysanthemum, Enemy Pie, My Mouth is a Volcano, Mean Jean the Recess Queen, Officer Buckle and Gloria
- Farm Read Aloud Books: Click, Clack, Moo, Giggle, Giggle, Quack, Click, Clack, Peep
Please ask all questions before purchasing. Are you looking for a different book? Email me at email@example.com to put in a request!