Are you looking for the best teacher planner that is custom, easily editable, and works for daily, weekly, or monthly plans? The Happy Planner Teacher Planner is the PERFECT classroom planner.
It is editable so you can print and add your own pages, it works from an arc ring system, so you can move around the pages provided to customize what you actually want/need, and it is less than half the cost of the Erin Condren planner.
The Happy Planner Teacher Planner either comes in a kit or just as a planner.
The first thing I do is go through the pages and decide what I want/don’t want. I love that I can add pages that I want, such as rosters, more checklists that I print names on, annual scope and sequences and printed lesson plans. It includes an annual at a glance page, as well as monthly and weekly views.
The teacher planner includes additional checklists and other teacher essentials.
The Arc Ring System
The reason that The Happy Planner is the BEST teacher planner is hands down the arc ring system.
Similar to a hole punch, but with 11 slots, you will punch your paper. Then, you can EASILY move a page from one part of your planner to another, or remove it altogether.
I LOVE this, because as we know, plans are constantly changing and needing to be rearranged.
This planner allows for that and also allows you to add ANY PAGE to it!
It is also great for teacher checklists so that you can archive your grade book at the end of each term and start fresh without lugging around the extra pages.
What You Need to Get Started
You don’t need many things, but there are some items that will make your Happy Planner experience the best.
- The Happy Planner TEACHER Planner – Make sure when you are browsing all the beautiful covers and templates that you filter by TEACHER planner. They also make regular planners, which I love, but will not include your checklists. If you like a template enough though, you can customize it to work as a teacher planner!
- Puncher – You will definitely want to get a Happy Planner Punch so that you can punch and add your own pages to your planner.
- Checklist Pages – Depending on which planner you get or how many checklist pages you feel like you need, you might want to grab more checklist pages. If you don’t use them all this year, you can always use them the following year!
- Blank Pages – I really like to have blank lined pages for note taking during meetings. This is not necessary, but then I feel like I can put all of my thoughts into one place.
There are also fun accessories that can personalize your planner and make it more fun.
- Stickers – I LOVE using the teacher stickers on my calendar pages to spruce things up a bit. There are so many to choose from, but I just love the teacher specific ones. It has plenty of stickers for birthdays, due dates for assessments/homework, assemblies and more.
- Discs – If you buy your own discs then you can actually make your own Happy Planner from scratch. You can simply print out your weekly lesson plan, punch it, then stick it in your own discs. You can also just change out the colored discs to be personalized on one of their premade planners as well.
- Washi Tape – Washi Tape is another fun way to jazz up your planner. Plus, it has so many other uses in your classroom!
Plan Your Year
Let’s plan your year together. Grab the FREE second grade year at a glance above and click below for tips on getting things started for:
- The Ultimate Guide to Teaching Reading
- Set up your Classroom for a Year of Successful Writing
- Everything You Need to know for your Math Classroom
Have you tried using the Happy Planner system before? What do you think is the best teacher planner? Drop it in the comments below!
*Disclosure: I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.