- Read aloud How to Catch a Snowman by Adam Wallace
- Have students make a plan to build/catch a snowman
- Model proper how to writing (less wordy than other writing, includes CLEAR directions)
- Have students write a strong introduction and half of their steps
- Model proper how to writing and a strong closing
- Have students finish their steps and add a strong closing
- Model revising and editing
- Have students use an editing checklist to revise and edit (snag the free checklist here!)
- Students publish writing
- Students use rubric to self grade
- Students can share their writing
This can also be condensed into one easy morning. It makes a great activity for a snowy day or for a substitute teacher to follow. This activity also makes a great bulletin board!
Snag the resources below:
Leave any questions or comments you have below. Amazon affiliate links were included. Enjoy!