The Three Little Pigs is a fairy tale unit read aloud favorite! These The Three Little Pigs activities, fairy tale crafts, pig crafts, reading responses, writing prompts and worksheets will make your classroom fun and ready to dive into your fairy tale unit! These The Three Little Pigs activities are all differentiated for K-3.
Please note, you will need a copy of the original version of The Three Little Pigs in order to use this resource.
There are 7 The Three Little Pigs reading response activities:
- Making Predictions
- Answering Questions
- Story Elements (Character, Setting, Problem, Solution)
- Making Connections (text to text, text to self, text to world)
- Character Changes
- Favorite Part
As well as 2 The Three Little Pigs reading crafts:
- Story Element Three Little Pig Craft and Flip Book
- First, Then, Next, Last Cauldron Craft and Flip Book
There are 4 The Three Little Pigs writing prompts and crafts:
- Narrative Writing Prompt in Primary and Intermediate with Three Little Pig Craft
- Informative Writing Prompt in Primary and Intermediate with Wooden House Craft
- Opinion Writing Prompt in Primary and Intermediate with Big Bad Wolf Craft
- How To Writing Prompt in Primary and Intermediate with Stone House Craft
There are also 5 other fun The Three Little Pigs word work and writing activities included:
- Unscramble Words
- Word Search
- Decoding Words
- Make a Word
- Directed Draw & Write
Answer keys are included for most pages. Pages in which many answers could apply do not have answer keys.
Each reading and writing pages are differentiated to include:
- Traceable sentence stems
- Fill in the blank sentence stems
- Long answer blank replies
These read aloud activities are differentiated to work with kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade and 3rd grade students.
The Three Little Pigs Bulletin Board Ideas:
Both the writing and reading crafts make great reading bulletin boards. Pin their final crafts to your writing or reading bulletin boards for the perfect The Three Little Pigs bulletin board!
When to use the The Three Little Pigs Read Aloud Activities:
These read aloud activities are PERFECT for whole group reading, reading centers, holidays, substitutes, student teachers, parent read alouds, morning work, independent work, small group reading and more.
Timeline for The Three Little Pigs Read Aloud Activities:
Stretch each read aloud out for a week, or use all of the activities to fill a slow morning. With so many options and differentiated versions, the possibilities are endless.
Who are the Read Aloud Companions For?
All read aloud activities are differentiated for K-3, but are best suited for 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade centers and can be used with assistance for high kindergarten students.
Please ask all questions before purchasing. Are you looking for a different book? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to put in a request!