The Couch Potato is a character education read aloud favorite with a fun food theme! These The Couch Potato activities, grape crafts, fruit crafts, food crafts, reading responses, writing prompts and worksheets will make your classroom fun and ready to learn about character education! These The Couch Potato activities with a fun food theme are all differentiated for K-3.
Please note, you will need a copy of the book The Couch Potato in order to use this resource.
There are 7 The Couch Potato reading response activities:
- Making Predictions
- Answering Questions
- Story Elements (Character, Setting, Problem, Solution)
- Making Connections (text to text, text to self, text to world)
- Character Changes
- Favorite Part
As well as 2 The Couch Potato reading crafts:
- Story Element The Couch Potato Craft and Flip Book
- First, Then, Next, Last The Couch Potato Craft and Flip Book
There are 4 The Couch Potato writing prompts and crafts:
- Narrative Writing Prompt in Primary and Intermediate with Tree Craft
- Informative Writing Prompt in Primary and Intermediate with Potato Craft
- Opinion Writing Prompt in Primary and Intermediate with Potato Craft
- How To Writing Prompt in Primary and Intermediate with Balance Craft
There are also 5 other fun The Couch Potato word work and writing activities included:
- Unscramble Words
- Word Search
- Decoding Words
- Make a Word
- Directed Draw & Write
Answer keys are included for most pages. Pages in which many answers could apply do not have answer keys.
Each reading and writing pages are differentiated to include:
- Traceable sentence stems
- Fill in the blank sentence stems
- Long answer blank replies
These read aloud activities are differentiated to work with kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade and 3rd grade students.
The Couch Potato Bulletin Board Ideas:
Both the writing and reading crafts make great reading bulletin boards. Pin their final crafts to your writing or reading bulletin boards for the perfect The Couch Potato bulletin board!
When to use the The Couch Potato Read Aloud Activities:
These read aloud activities are PERFECT for whole group reading, reading centers, holidays, substitutes, student teachers, parent read alouds, morning work, independent work, small group reading and more.
Timeline for The Couch Potato Read Aloud Activities:
Stretch each read aloud out for a week, or use all of the activities to fill a slow morning. With so many options and differentiated versions, the possibilities are endless.
Who are the Read Aloud Companions For?
All read aloud activities are differentiated for K-3, but are best suited for 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade centers and can be used with assistance for high kindergarten students.
Please ask all questions before purchasing. Are you looking for a different book? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to put in a request!