Officer Buckle and Gloria is a character education or back to school read aloud favorite! These Officer Buckle and Gloria activities, back to school crafts, reading responses, writing prompts and worksheets will make your classroom fun and ready to learn about back to school and character education! These Officer Buckle and Gloria activities are all differentiated for K-3.
Please note, you will need a copy of the book Officer Buckle and Gloria in order to use this resource.
There are 7 Officer Buckle and Gloria reading response activities:
- Making Predictions
- Answering Questions
- Story Elements (Character, Setting, Problem, Solution)
- Making Connections (text to text, text to self, text to world)
- Character Changes
- Favorite Part
As well as 2 Officer Buckle and Gloria reading crafts:
- Story Element Dog Craft and Flip Book
- First, Then, Next, Last Police Officer Craft and Flip Book
There are 4 Officer Buckle and Gloria writing prompts and crafts:
- Narrative Writing Prompt in Primary and Intermediate with Police Officer Craft
- Informative Writing Prompt in Primary and Intermediate with Police Officer Hat Craft
- Opinion Writing Prompt in Primary and Intermediate with Police Report Craft
- How To Writing Prompt in Primary and Intermediate with Police Badge Craft
There are also 5 other fun Officer Buckle and Gloria word work and writing activities included:
- Unscramble Words
- Word Search
- Decoding Words
- Make a Word
- Directed Draw & Write
Answer keys are included for most pages. Pages in which many answers could apply do not have answer keys.
Each reading and writing pages are differentiated to include:
- Traceable sentence stems
- Fill in the blank sentence stems
- Long answer blank replies
These read aloud activities are differentiated to work with kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade and 3rd grade students.
Officer Buckle and Gloria Bulletin Board Ideas:
Both the writing and reading crafts make great reading bulletin boards. Pin their final crafts to your writing or reading bulletin boards for the perfect Officer Buckle and Gloria bulletin board!
When to use the Officer Buckle and Gloria Read Aloud Activities:
These read aloud activities are PERFECT for whole group reading, reading centers, holidays, substitutes, student teachers, parent read alouds, morning work, independent work, small group reading and more.
Timeline for Officer Buckle and Gloria Read Aloud Activities:
Stretch each read aloud out for a week, or use all of the activities to fill a slow morning. With so many options and differentiated versions, the possibilities are endless.
Who are the Read Aloud Companions For?
All read aloud activities are differentiated for K-3, but are best suited for 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade centers and can be used with assistance for high kindergarten students.
Please ask all questions before purchasing. Are you looking for a different book? Email me at email@example.com to put in a request!