Looing for the BEST summer writing prompts that double as adorable sun crafts for summer bulletin boards? This My Sunsational Summer writing prompt is a GREAT way to get students writing creative narratives about their summer vacation. It also doubles as a perfect sun craft and summer bulletin board.
What is the My Summer Writing Prompt and Sun Craft?
Students will talk about what they did or will do over summer break. Students will then write their own story about their “Sun-sational” summer. They will practice adding a problem and solution to their narrative writing. They will then top off their creative writing with a fun sun craft which doubles as a great back to school bulletin board.
What’s Inside the Summer Writing Prompt with Sun Craft for Summer Bulletin Board
- Teaching Guide
- 2 Student Planning Templates
- 3 Differentiated Student Drafting Templates
- 6 Differentiated Student Publishing Templates (for primary to intermediate)
- Sun Craft Page (makes a cute summer bulletin board or back to school bulletin board)
- 4 Differentiated Writing Rubrics (for kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade & 3rd grade)
Please open the preview file before purchasing.
Timeline for the Summer Writing Prompt with Sun Craft for Summer Bulletin Board
Teach students to write engaging narratives about their summer with a problem and solution using these fun lessons. This lesson can be taught in one day or stretched out throughout five days. This lesson includes two versions, perfect for all K-5 students.
This fun sun craft doubles as an adorable summer bulletin board or back to school bulletin board as well.
Interested in other narrative writing projects? Check these out below!
- Beekle Imaginary Friend Narrative Writing Project
- Rockin’ Roadtrip Narrative Writing Project
- Sun-Sational Summer Narrative Writing Project
- My Pet Dragon Imaginative Narrative
- My Day With a Leprechaun Imaginative Narrative
- Tooth Fairy Imaginative Narrative & Craft
- My Night on the Polar Express Narrative Writing & Craft
- The Great Turkey Escape Imaginative Narrative
Or get the year long writing bundle to review all genres here: 25 Year Long Writing Projects.