Need the perfect, ready-to-go identifying coins activities? Grab these identifying coins activities for your 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade students, including: identifying coins lesson plan, warm up, turn & talk, instructional video, anchor charts, learning target, and practice worksheet.
This includes ONE money activity that is a part of a bigger Money Math Unit Bundle!
Identifying Coins Money Skills Covered:
- Students will match the front and back of a quarter, dime, nickel and penny to the amount that it is worth
- This makes a GREAT reference tool for students to refer back to throughout your entire money unit
- Printable (color & black and white)
- Google Slides
- TpT Easel
What’s Inside the Identifying Coins Activities
- Lesson Plan
- Learning Target
- Anchor Chart
- Instructional Video (covers the anchor charts, warm up and turn and talk)
- Warm Up Activity
- Turn & Talk Activity
- 1 Worksheet
- Answer Key
- Link to Google Slides
How Long Will the Identifying Coins Activities Take?
These identifying coins activities for money are designed to fill one lesson period. They will take anywhere from 25-90 minutes.
What standards are covered in the Identifying Coins Activities?
- 2.MD.C.8: Solve word problems involving dollar bills, quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies, using $ and ¢ symbols appropriately.
When to Use the Identifying Coins Activities:
- Math Block – Whole Group or Small Group
- Homeschool Environment
- Guest Teachers
- Substitute Teachers
- Student Teachers
- Special Education Environments
Need more money lessons?
This lesson is part of a bigger unit –– which includes 15 days worth of lessons, assessments and more.
Get your plan time back and grab an entire year of math lessons!