Need your students’ next favorite space writing prompt? Get students writing in no time with this How to Catch a Star writing prompt and craft. Transform it into a space bulletin board for the ultimate how to catch a star experience!
Students will brainstorm ideas as a class on what to do to catch a star, then they will plan and write a how to piece that will be turned into an adorable flip book. This how to catch a star writing craft is super simple and easy to recreate with your students.
What is the How to Catch a Star Writing Prompt and Craft?
Teach students to write step by step directions with these engaging lessons. The How to Catch a Star writing templates are designed to be taught over the course of one week, but can also be condensed into one day. Top the project off with a fun space craft. This lesson includes two differentiated writing templates, perfect for all K-5 students.
What’s Inside the How to Catch a Star Writing Prompt and Craft?
- Teaching Tips
- Photo Examples
- Transition Word Anchor Chart (specific for how to writing)
- Student Brainstorming Template
- Student Drafting Graphic Organizer
- 3 Student Publishing Templates (emergent, primary & intermediate versions)
- How to Catch a Star Craft Pieces (makes a great space bulletin board!)
- 4 Differentiated Rubrics (kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade & 3rd grade)
Please open the preview file for a closer look.
This activity is a great accompaniment to the book, How to Catch a Star, though it is not necessary to use this resource. Please open the preview file before purchasing.
Looking for creative writing topics for Space?
- The bundles will be posted shortly!
Follow me on TpT and Instagram to get first access to my resources. Be sure to leave a review to get credits toward FREE future resources.