Need your students’ next favorite writing prompt? Get students writing in no time with this How to Catch a Daddysaurus writing prompt and craft. Transform it into a bulletin board for the ultimate how to catch a Daddysaurus experience! This also makes the perfect Father’s Day gift for dads!
Students will brainstorm ideas as a class on potential ways to catch a daddysaurus, then they will plan and write a how to piece that will be turned into an adorable flip book. This writing craft is super simple and easy to recreate with your students and also doubles as a cute and thoughtful Father’s Day gift.
What is the How to Catch a Daddysaurus Father’s Day Writing Prompt and Gift?
Teach students to write step by step directions with these engaging lessons. The How to Catch a Daddysaurus writing templates are designed to be taught over the course of one week, but can also be condensed into one day. Top the project off with a fun dinosaur craft. This lesson includes two differentiated writing templates, perfect for all K-5 students.
What’s Inside the How to Catch a Daddysaurus Writing Template and Craft?
- Teaching Tips
- Photo Examples
- Transition Word Anchor Chart (specific for how to writing)
- Student Brainstorming Template
- Student Drafting Graphic Organizer
- Student Publishing Templates (2 – primary and intermediate versions)
- Dinosaur Craft Pieces (makes a great Father’s Day gift!)
Please open the preview file for a closer look.
This activity is a great accompaniment to the How to Catch a Daddysaurus book by Alice Walstead, though it is not necessary to use this resource. Please open the preview file before purchasing.
Looking for other creative writing topics for the Summer?
- MAY Writing Bundle [all four below]
- How to Build a Sandcastle [how to]
- Taco Bout My Dad/Someone Special [informative- editable to be about ANYONE, not just dad]
- My Trip to Space [narrative]
- The Best Part of Summer [opinion]
Follow me on TpT and Instagram to get first access to my resources. Be sure to leave a review to get credits toward FREE future resources.