Need your students’ next favorite back to school writing prompt? Get students writing in no time with this How to Catch a Class Pet writing prompt and craft. Transform it into a bulletin board for the ultimate how to catch a class pet experience!
Students will brainstorm ideas as a class on potential ways to catch a class pet, then they will plan and write a how to piece that will be turned into an adorable flip book. This writing craft is super simple and easy to recreate with your students.
What is the How to Catch a Class Pet Back to School Writing Prompt and Craft?
Teach students to write step by step directions with these engaging lessons. The How to Catch a Class Pet writing templates are designed to be taught over the course of one week, but can also be condensed into one day. Top the project off with a fun wolf craft. This lesson includes two differentiated writing templates, perfect for all K-5 students.
What’s Inside the How to Catch a Class Pet Back to School Writing Template and Craft?
- Teaching Tips
- Photo Examples
- Transition Word Anchor Chart (specific for how to writing)
- Student Brainstorming Template
- Student Drafting Graphic Organizer
- Student Publishing Templates (2 – primary and intermediate versions)
- Wolf Craft Pieces (makes a great Back to School bulletin board!)
Please open the preview file for a closer look.
This activity is a great accompaniment to the How to Catch a Class Pet book by Adam Wallace, though it is not necessary to use this resource. Please open the preview file before purchasing.
Looking for creative writing topics for the Summer?
- MAY Writing Bundle [all four below]
- How to Build a Sandcastle [how to]
- Taco Bout My Dad/Someone Special [informative- editable to be about ANYONE, not just dad]
- My Trip to Space [narrative]
- The Best Part of Summer [opinion]
Follow me on TpT and Instagram to get first access to my resources. Be sure to leave a review to get credits toward FREE future resources.