Looking for the ultimate Gingerbread Man activities for math, reading, writing, STEM and more?! These Gingerbread Man activities include EVERYTHING you need for 15 full days of teaching. Students will LOVE these fun Gingerbread Man activities and teachers love the ease of planning!
Gingerbread Man MATH Activities
Students will take on the role of opening their own gingerbread workshop. Each day during this 15 day unit, students will complete various activities to get their workshop ready for customers to come through. Students will practice MANY different math skills: addition and subtraction to 1000, word problems, geometry, graphing, measurement, money and more. Students will do hands-on activities each day to practice these skills, and will record all of their work on their 17 pages of interactive recording sheets. A teaching guide, daily warm-ups for students and the answer key for every activity are also included.
What Skills Are Covered During the Gingerbread Man Math Activities:
- Adding Under 20
- Ruler Measurement
- Word Problems
- Sides and Angles
- Skip Counting
- Comparing Measurement
- Rows and Columns
- 2 Step Word Problems
- Equal Parts
- Place Value
- Money Word Problems
- Challenge Math
Gingerbread Man READING Activities
- Story Elements – Students will read a story each day, then decorate a Gingerbread Man to look like the one in the story they read. They will then write about different story elements from that version of the Gingerbread Man and keep it in a house for easy comparing and contrasting of stories.
- Comparing and Contrasting – Students will use a Venn Diagram to compare and contrast different stories of the Gingerbread Man books they have read.
- 4 Reading Centers – Students will do fun reading activities about synonyms, antonyms, homophones and parts of speech with these 4 fun word work centers.
** These Gingerbread Man Reading Activities work with ANY Gingerbread Man Book you might already have in your classroom!**
Gingerbread Man WRITING Activities
- My Gingerbread Man Story – Students will write their own version of The Gingerbread Man using the knowledge they have gained from the books reading activities. There are 5 days worth of activities and templates to guide students through the writing process.
- My Favorite Gingerbread Man Story – After reading the stories and doing activities, students will write about which Gingerbread Man story was their favorite and why. There are 5 days worth of activities and writing templates for this writing activity.
- How to Make a Gingerbread Man or Gingerbread House – Students will use 3 days worth of writing activities and templates to write a procedural piece on HOW to make a gingerbread house or gingerbread man. End this fun project with an optional activity to actually make gingerbread houses with your class (parent letter included).
Gingerbread Man STEM Activities & Gingerbread Man House Building
- Students can make a gingerbread man or house in class. Use the parent letter included to have materials sent in for a low-prep but high-engagement activity
- 4 Early Finisher STEM challenges using ANY STEM materials you already have in your classroom – All Gingerbread Man themed.
What Is Inside the Gingerbread Man MATH Activities PDF:
- 15 Day Teaching Guide
- 15 Days of Math Warm Ups (4 problems per day, 4 days per page)
- 15 Days of Math Activities (aligned to 2nd grade standards)
- Answer Keys
What is inside the Gingerbread Man LITERACY Activities PDF:
- 15 Day Gingerbread Reading and Writing Activities Teaching Plan
- Recommended Gingerbread Titles to Use
- Gingerbread Man Story Element Activity Template & Craft
- Gingerbread House Craft to store Gingerbread Man Crafts
- Venn Diagram Template (works with any Gingerbread Man book)
- Disguise a Gingerbread Man Activity
- Narrative Gingerbread Man Story – Planning Template
- Narrative Gingerbread Man Story – 2 Differentiated Drafting Templates
- Narrative Gingerbread Man Story – Publishing Template for Bulletin Board
- Narrative Gingerbread Man Story – Rubric
- My Favorite Gingerbread Man Story Opinion Writing – Planning Template
- My Favorite Gingerbread Man Story Opinion Writing – 2 Differentiated Drafting Templates
- My Favorite Gingerbread Man Story Opinion Writing – Publishing Template for Bulletin Board
- My Favorite Gingerbread Man Story Opinion Writing – Rubric
- How to Make a Gingerbread Man or House – Drafting Template
- How to Make a Gingerbread Man or House – 2 Publishing Templates for Bulletin Board
- How to Make a Gingerbread Man or House – Rubric
- 4 Gingerbread Man STEM Challenges
- Gingerbread House STEM Challenge
- Gingerbread House Parent Letter (for materials)
- 4 Gingerbread Man Literacy Centers (antonyms, synonyms, homophones, parts of speech)
Please open the preview file and ask any questions prior to purchasing. Enjoy!
When to Use This Project:
The Gingerbread Man Math and Literacy Activities are the perfect supplement to any fairy tale unit, or to any classroom wanting to “celebrate the holidays” without using any of the holiday buzzwords like Christmas. Students will LOVE these gingerbread themed math activities, and it makes a great review project before standardized tests. Students will review many different vital skills in an interactive way that will be sure to have them wanting more.