Need the perfect, ready-to-go expanded form math activities? Grab these expanded form using hundreds, tens and ones activities for 2nd or 3rd grade students, including: expanded form lesson plan, warm up, turn & talk, instructional video, anchor charts, learning target, and practice worksheet.
This includes ONE place value activity that is a part of a bigger 2nd Grade Place Value to 1000 Unit Bundle!
Expanded Form Math Activities: Skills Covered:
- Students will look at numbers written in expanded form and condense them to a 3 digit number (example: 100+40+9=149)
- Printable (color & black and white)
- Google Slides
- TpT Easel
What’s Inside the 3 Digit Number Expanded Form Activities:
- Lesson Plan
- Learning Target
- Anchor Chart
- Instructional Video (covers the anchor charts, warm up and turn and talk)
- Warm Up Activity
- Turn & Talk Activity
- Double Sided Worksheet
- Answer Key
- Link to Google Slides
How Long Will the 3 Digit Number Expanded Form Activities Take?
These expanded form with hundreds, tens and ones activities are designed to fill one lesson period. They will take anywhere from 25-90 minutes.
What standards are covered in the Expanded Form for Hundreds, Tens and Ones Activities?
- 2.NBT.A.3: Read and write numbers to 1000 using base-ten numerals, number names, and expanded form.
Please note, these were designed for 2nd or 3rd grade students, but can be used with more advanced 1st grade students.
When to Use the Place Value to 1000 Activities:
- Math Block – Whole Group or Small Group
- Homeschool Environment
- Guest Teachers
- Substitute Teachers
- Student Teachers
- Special Education Environments
Need more 2nd grade place value to 1000 lessons?
This lesson is part of a bigger unit – 2nd Grade Place Value to 1000 – which includes 30 days worth of lessons, assessments and more.
Get your plan time back and grab an entire year of math lessons!