Need the perfect, ready-to-go equal vs unequal parts of fractions activities? Grab these equal vs unequal parts of fractions activities for your 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade students, including: equal vs unequal parts lesson plan, warm up, turn & talk, instructional video, anchor charts, learning target, and practice worksheet.
This includes ONE geometry activity that is a part of a bigger Geometry Math Unit Bundle!
Equal vs Unequal Parts of Fractions Skills Covered:
- Students look at shapes divided into fractions and decide whether or not they have equal parts of unequal parts
- Students will practice dividing shapes into equal parts
- Printable (color & black and white)
- Google Slides
- TpT Easel
What’s Inside the Equal and Unequal Parts of Fractions Activities
- Lesson Plan
- Learning Target
- Anchor Chart
- Instructional Video (covers the anchor charts, warm up and turn and talk)
- Warm Up Activity
- Turn & Talk Activity
- 1 Worksheet
- Answer Key
- Link to Google Slides
How Long Will the Equal vs Unequal Parts of Fractions Activities Take?
These equal vs unequal parts of fractions activities for geometry are designed to fill one lesson period. They will take anywhere from 25-90 minutes.
What standards are covered in the Equal and Unequal Parts Attributes Activities?
- 2.G.A.3: 2.GA.3: Partition circles and rectangles into two, three, or four equal shares, describe the shares using the words halves, thirds, half of, a third of, etc., and describe the whole as two halves, three thirds, four fourths. Recognize that equal shares of identical wholes need not have the same shape.
When to Use the Geometry Activities:
- Math Block – Whole Group or Small Group
- Homeschool Environment
- Guest Teachers
- Substitute Teachers
- Student Teachers
- Special Education Environments
Need more geometry lessons?
This lesson is part of a bigger unit – Geometry Math Unit – which includes 15 days worth of lessons, assessments and more.
Get your plan time back and grab an entire year of math lessons!