Enemy Pie is a character education or back to school read aloud favorite! These Enemy Pie activities, back to school crafts, reading responses, writing prompts and worksheets will make your classroom fun and ready to learn about back to school and character education! These Enemy Pie activities are all differentiated for K-3.
Please note, you will need a copy of the book Enemy Pie in order to use this resource.
There are 7 Enemy Pie reading response activities:
- Making Predictions
- Answering Questions
- Story Elements (Character, Setting, Problem, Solution)
- Making Connections (text to text, text to self, text to world)
- Character Changes
- Favorite Part
As well as 2 Enemy Pie reading crafts:
- Story Element Enemy Pie Craft and Flip Book
- First, Then, Next, Last Enemy Pie Craft and Flip Book
There are 4 Enemy Pie writing prompts and crafts:
- Narrative Writing Prompt in Primary and Intermediate with Baseball Craft
- Informative Writing Prompt in Primary and Intermediate with Baseball Craft
- Opinion Writing Prompt in Primary and Intermediate with Book Craft
- How To Writing Prompt in Primary and Intermediate with Enemy Pie Craft
There are also 5 other fun Enemy Pie word work and writing activities included:
- Unscramble Words
- Word Search
- Decoding Words
- Make a Word
- Directed Draw & Write
Answer keys are included for most pages. Pages in which many answers could apply do not have answer keys.
Each reading and writing pages are differentiated to include:
- Traceable sentence stems
- Fill in the blank sentence stems
- Long answer blank replies
These read aloud activities are differentiated to work with kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade and 3rd grade students.
Enemy Pie Bulletin Board Ideas:
Both the writing and reading crafts make great reading bulletin boards. Pin their final crafts to your writing or reading bulletin boards for the perfect Enemy Pie bulletin board!
When to use the Enemy Pie Read Aloud Activities:
These read aloud activities are PERFECT for whole group reading, reading centers, holidays, substitutes, student teachers, parent read alouds, morning work, independent work, small group reading and more.
Timeline for Enemy Pie Read Aloud Activities:
Stretch each read aloud out for a week, or use all of the activities to fill a slow morning. With so many options and differentiated versions, the possibilities are endless.
Who are the Read Aloud Companions For?
All read aloud activities are differentiated for K-3, but are best suited for 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade centers and can be used with assistance for high kindergarten students.
Please ask all questions before purchasing. Are you looking for a different book? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to put in a request!