Spruce up your 1st or 2nd grade social studies unit with these community helpers activities. Students will research jobs and create flip books for these careers: police officers, firefighters, construction workers, doctors, teachers, farmers, and mailmen.
Each Flip Book Includes Practice for:
- Labeling Activity (uniform)
- List of Tools
- Describing Workplace
- Discussing Importance
Plus a fun craft!
- Teaching Guide
- Book Suggestions (leveled readers are NOT included)
- Picture Examples
- Essential Question
- Learning Target
- Vocabulary Cards
- 7 Flip Books (3 pages each)
- Answer Key
Please note that leveled readers are NOT included. Links to FREE books online are embedded in the resource.
Teaching about COMMUNITIES? Grab this MUST HAVE unit! Or check out the other pieces of this bundle:
- Communities Unit [BUNDLE!]
- Types of Communities Brochure (urban, rural, suburban)
- Community Helpers Flip Book Activities
- Community Places Crafts and Activities
- Goods vs. Services Sorting Activity
- Nonrenewable vs. Renewable Resources Sorting Activity
Enjoy! Don’t forget to leave feedback on all paid purchases for future credit toward free resources.