Need to spice up your zoo animals writing prompts? This Animal Strike at the Zoo themed zoo animals writing prompt is a GREAT way to get students writing creative narratives. It also doubles as a perfect zoo animals craft and zoo themed bulletin board.
Students will read aloud Animals on Strike at the Zoo (or any other zoo read aloud favorite). They will talk about what they would do if they visited the zoo and the animals were on strike. Students will then write their own story about “Animals on Strike at the Zoo”. They will practice adding a problem and solution to their narrative writing. They will then top off their creative writing with a fun zoo animals craft.
What’s Inside the Animal Strike at the Zoo Writing Prompt and Zoo Animals Craft
- Teaching Guide
- 2 Student Planning Templates
- 3 Differentiated Student Drafting Templates
- 6 Differentiated Student Publishing Templates (for primary to intermediate)
- Zoo Animals Craft Pages (elephant, cheetah, lion, giraffe – makes a great zoo themed bulletin board)
- 4 Differentiated Writing Rubrics (for kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade & 3rd grade)
Please open the preview file before purchasing.
Timeline for the Animal Strike at the Zoo Writing Prompt and Zoo Animals Craft
Teach students to write engaging narratives about zoo animals with a problem and solution using these fun lessons. This lesson can be taught in one day or stretched out throughout five days. This lesson includes two versions, perfect for all K-5 students.
This fun zoo animals craft doubles as an adorable zoo themed bulletin board as well.
Looking for other fun zoo themed writing prompts? The bundles will be released on Friday, April 28.