Need the perfect, ready-to-go 2D shapes attributes activities? Grab these 2D shapes attributes activities for your 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade students, including: 2D shapes and attributes lesson plan, warm up, turn & talk, instructional video, anchor charts, learning target, and practice worksheet.
This includes ONE geometry activity that is a part of a bigger Geometry Math Unit Bundle!
2D Shapes Attributes Skills Covered:
- Students will learn about shape names, sides and angles
- Students will identify shapes by their name and count the sides and angles
- Printable (color & black and white)
- Google Slides
- TpT Easel
What’s Inside the 2D Shapes Attributes Activities
- Lesson Plan
- Learning Target
- Anchor Chart
- Instructional Video (covers the anchor charts, warm up and turn and talk)
- Warm Up Activity
- Turn & Talk Activity
- 1 Worksheet
- Answer Key
- Link to Google Slides
How Long Will the 2D Shapes Attributes Activities Take?
These 2D shapes attributes activities for geometry are designed to fill one lesson period. They will take anywhere from 25-90 minutes.
What standards are covered in the 2D Shapes Attributes Activities?
- 2.G.A.1: Recognize and draw shapes having specified attributes, such as a given number of angles or a given number of equal faces.1 Identify triangles, quadrilaterals, pentagons, hexagons, and cubes.
When to Use the Geometry Activities:
- Math Block – Whole Group or Small Group
- Homeschool Environment
- Guest Teachers
- Substitute Teachers
- Student Teachers
- Special Education Environments
Need more geometry lessons?
This lesson is part of a bigger unit – Geometry Math Unit – which includes 15 days worth of lessons, assessments and more.
Get your plan time back and grab an entire year of math lessons!